Yeti GOBOX Collection

Potosi, WI

I thought someone with some connection to the area may want them. I’d send em to anyone on me.

Very cool find. Drank lots of beer from that brewery. You're right about no sheep there. Not quite high enough but certainly steep enough. If there ever should be elk somewhere in Wisconsin, that's the spot. Wtf does our politics have to put them in deep timber clam lake region? Dumb...

My dad was born just up the road there in a little farmhouse. My grandfather lost a farm there when the state decided to move the road and wouldn’t pay him anything for his house so he had to just walk away from it. Both of my grandparents on my dad side are buried just up the hill in the cemetery as is my aunt who died when she was a young child. I was back there visiting this summer and my dad and I always go for a drive down along the Mississippi River and he’ll take me on all the back roads that grandpa used to pick up milk from the farmers when he drove the milk truck. This was during the time when you had to pick up an 80 pound milk can and set it in the back of the truck. I don’t get back to visit as often as I should but when I do it’s kind of a pretty cool area. Couple years ago I went back and met up with a bunch of classmates and we went to the Potosi brewery for a few beers one night. Pretty neat to see what they’ve done with the place.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back