PEAX Equipment

Potosi, WI

87, I was born in Cuba City and Platteville was the girl boundary for us…if we didn’t get run out of town😬
We sniffed around Platteville plenty. One time with a friend at a party in Plattville, his car lost all gears but reverse. Later that night, a guy came up to us and said "I know you guys . You're Darlington in reverse!" Then walk off laughing his butt off.

My place is about 25 miles north of Potosi. Makes for a nice afternoon to visit the brewery eat at the bar , get on the Cassville ferry cross the Mississippi and make the loop back up through Iowa. Beautiful country that is !
My great great grandfather left Casssville in 1876 to come to South Dakota. My wife and I visited the area 6 years ago. Really neat country.

My place is about 25 miles north of Potosi. Makes for a nice afternoon to visit the brewery eat at the bar , get on the Cassville ferry cross the Mississippi and make the loop back up through Iowa. Beautiful country that is !
25 miles north? That’s like Lu lu’s bar in patch grove. This is the last weekend for the ferry.

25 miles north? That’s like Lu lu’s bar in patch grove. This is the last weekend for the ferry.
I'm just a few miles down in the holler from LuLu's and Home a Gins in Mt Hope. This week I am trying to do justice to an Iowa archery tag . Mixed results so far.

Should have come across the ferry this weekend - I was working at the winery (Promiseland) and would have bought you a drink.
I live on the Iowa side so I wouldn’t have had to cross the ferry. We were not far from there as I had to go to Dyersville. I used to deer hunt off the road to the ferry. One of the biggest white tails I have saw was in that swamp. I hunted the hell out of him but to no avail. I’d imagine he was pushed off the surrounding bluff by hunters and wasn’t down there long.

are you on public or private? Zone 9?
Hunting all public . You are probably familiar with all of the areas I have done my scouting.
So far I have seen deer most times I've sat . Looking forward to the next couple weeks and hopefully celebrating with a cold Potosi beer!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbonser94
Back