Votes: 53 27.7%
  • Further than 1 mile

Votes: 22 11.5%
  • Further than 3 miles

Votes: 13 6.8%
  • Further than 10 miles

Votes: 6 3.1%

• Total voters
As a man with healthy proportions, it’s definitely preferable to have a good place to sit, if possible. Also depends on the urgency of the situation. But I would drive a couple minutes for a good extended sit, otherwise I’m flippin rocks

One of my close hunting buds was a carpet layer. He was on a rural job and there was no operable plumbing (water) in the new house build yet. He had a sudden defecation reflex and quickly egressed the back door and made it to the barbed wire fence, where he quickly unsnapped his bib overall's shoulder straps and assumed the pose, almost leaning on the wire. Well his premonition about explosive was correct and he coated the fence strands. When he stood up he didn't realize one of his straps was caught on a barb & when it released the strand trebuchet'd his hastily metabolized breakfast all over him.

It was funnier when he told it...
Sorry, there isn't an emoticon for that description.

Reviving this thread as I’m out and about cleaning pit toilets today. WTF? The same person who did this will probably be the first person to call and bitch about our facilities being dirty. How the hell do people live like this? Just remember, this Labor Day weekend there will be people cleaning restrooms and picking up after you at parks, campgrounds, boat landings and other public places while you are enjoying your day off.
1693584112423.jpeg

1693584138892.jpeg

Reviving this thread as I’m out and about cleaning pit toilets today. WTF? The same person who did this will probably be the first person to call and bitch about our facilities being dirty. How the hell do people live like this? Just remember, this Labor Day weekend there will be people cleaning restrooms and picking up after you at parks, campgrounds, boat landings and other public places while you are enjoying your day off.
View attachment 290338

View attachment 290339
Kid prolly shit his pants, man. Or some old lady?? Show some empathy! 😅

Last weekend I was on annual fishing trip with some high school friends. We camped, hiked, drank, fished and survived. One evening, a raucous debate arose questioning the manhood and heartiness of those present.

We were 1.5 miles from a campground at which there were pit toilets, and some of us thought it worth it to drive the 3 minutes down the road to use them, while others thought such behavior was unbecoming. I strongly believe that pooping in a pit toilet is a finer experience than squatting in the wilds, but the question is: How much finer? At what distance is getting to the pit toilet no longer justified, and the proper thing to do is to grab the shovel and take a walk?

A little history that may influence my own assessment: When I was 11 or 12, I went to Boy Scout Camp somewhere out by Anaconda. The toilet situation was a 10 foot 2 x 12, in which 4 toilet holes were cut. There were no dividers. If ya had to go, ya had to go with possibility of someone seeing you. I was deeply bothered by this, and held it in for 3 days. On the night of the 3rd day, I was on the verge of an internal bleve, and so I waited till about 2 in the morning. Certainly, I would have that holed plank to myself. I stayed up and made my move, creeping through the night to the outhouse. I took a seat, and no sooner did I open the valve, than a friend of mine, let's call him Jake, came in. Jake sat down right next to me and began a conversation. And in my relief I was horrified.
I took a friend hunting and he had to $hit really bad , he ran and jumped the barbwire fence and went behind a bush and I could see him dancing around the bush and he paused. And he shouted back at me and said he didn't have any toilet paper. So, I told him to use a dollar so I could see him walking back to the truck and I could see he had $hit all over his hands and clear up to elbow. I asked him did he use a dollar he said yes ** 3 quarters 2 dimes & a nickel **

Back