POLL: when was the last time you went to a drive-in movie?

When I was a kid around '79 the local drive in at Taylor Town - Shelton went to X rated movies. Man a lot of trunk dragging cars went into that drive in;)

As a family, we go to the Silver Bow Drive Inn quite a few times a year. Always for kids movies, but my children love it. In fact, so do I.

Thinking of it right now, it's a scene of comfort. Hot summer evenings, smoke (wildfire) in the atmosphere, giving way to cool night air. The kids snuggle in and watch the flick and eat popcorn, and when it is over, well past their bedtime, they sleep on the hour long drive home - which my wife and I have to ourselves on an empty Montana interstate under her stars. It's a vibe.

1677701530515.png

Drive in w parents was a regular most summer weekends. Cracker jacks, twizzlers, soda. Car was a 70 Caprice 4 door, huge interior. Not too often during high school. So last time was likely 1973.

First Spiderman movie when it was new.
Also I remember watching Death Hunt in Guadalajara Mexico in 1983 from a high-rise hotel next door to the drive-in. Too far to hear the words but they were dubbed in Spanish anyway. You could follow the movie just fine without any sound and that's the mark a of a good movie IMO. Charles Bronson classic based on a true story out of the Canadian wilderness.

1st memory of a drive in movie> was Herby the love bug
The last time I was at a drive in it was $6 a car load and my friend had a 1977 suburban and it cost 50cents a person because we had 12 teenagers at the movie> I don't remember the movie.

I was 12 or 13, so 20ish years ago. We went one summer night during the week, they did re runs cheap and we went to see one of the fast and the furious movies. The screen diagonal to us was playing titanic, it was a great movie…

It’s probably been 15 years or so for me. The 49’r in Valparaiso, Indiana is open after all of these years. It’s the one went to when I was young and where we took our kids to. They also went on there own as they got older.

We live a few miles from the only remaining drive in in Las Vegas. We go during the fall and spring when it's not so damn hot or cold. It's next door to the North Las Vegas airport so night flights can be annoying. 5 screens, tune into an FM frequency while bringing your own popcorn and treats. Still a fun date night.

Been Decades.. We are however blessded to have 1 about a mile from my work and 2 others within about an hour of home here in Florida. Would like to take my Grandkids to one before they all disappear. MANY great memories at the drive in...from as a kid to high school, sneaking in trunks. Hiding booze and of course the girls.. :eek:)

Been Decades.. We are however blessded to have 1 about a mile from my work and 2 others within about an hour of home here in Florida. Would like to take my Grandkids to one before they all disappear. MANY great memories at the drive in...from as a kid to high school, sneaking in trunks. Hiding booze and of course the girls.. :eek:)
If one of those three you mentioned is the one on the south side of Ocala, that's my dad's old stomping grounds. I never knew it was there and still functional until we drove out south of town one day last summer. Pretty cool.

There is a really popular drive-in about 15-20 minutes from my house. They always show double features. They are packed all summer. I never go though. I like comfortable chairs and I don't stay up late enough, lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back