Poker Ride

Lawnboy

Went on my first poker ride this morning. 11 miles in some awesome country. Best part is I didn't even come close to having any wrecks :D. Rode alone and my horse did great.

2012-07-14 001 003.jpg

Beautiful pictures.

I also had no wrecks today, unfortunately I was on a Husqvarna most of the day, with no mountains as a backdrop.:(

Don't you get rewarded on night excursions when you take some of the kids. It works for me.
Also do you have any walmart fruit snacks in those saddle bags?

I am jealous, took my knuckle head out two weeks ago for a trail ride… crinkled a water bottle and he thought the boogie man was on top of him and grabbed butt across the meadow.
No wreaks, but to add insult to injury (pride) one of my friends 17 year old daughter told me to switch horses with her cause “ I was too old “ to go racing through the woods like that.
4 legged knuckle head is back in school….

Funny how horses are. A lady was trying to spray fly spray on her horse and he was having none of it. While mine doesn't care a bit about spray or crinkly noises. He did though send me a little sideways at some flagging that was blowing in the wind.:confused: Would of thought he saw the boogie man. I made him walk towards it and at least face it. He still wasn't buying it.:)

My buddy Wes and I were riding mules and horses one day and his horse like to have put him over the front stopping so hard......for a catipillar crossing the road. You never know! John

Don't forget the matching clothes photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL John

picture.php

Alright that's it. I'm calling a penalty. 10 yards and automatic first down for dogpiling. :D

Last edited:
Poker rides are fun because some one else marks the trails and they are clear. We like the Bridger Bowl one, but couldn't make it this year.

Last week my wife's mule didn't like the bridge over Hellroaring Creek and backed off it and wouldn't to back over. We are going to try again this coming week. We can go through the creek and don't need to use the bridge, but..........

Sorry to point this out… but take a look at your shirt and the halter… saddle and your pants…
By chance or design??????? Not everything needs to be color coordinated…:D

Holy crap people you're killing me. Nothing was intended to be coordinated on my pony ride. I have officially informed the wife that I will no longer be doing color coordinated outfits for photos as it seems to be carrying over to my horse riding endevores.:eek:

This was the Bridger poker ride and it was a lot of fun.

Wow....you guys are MEAN....I am pretty sure that if i pick matching outfits for our family pictures this year he will wear them. What's that quote?? oh yeah....you can either be happy or you can be right....I am always right! RIGHT??

Back