Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Podcast Episode 1 link

Another dumb question. I finally figured out how to download it, but if a person does not have wifi does it use data to replay the podcast or just to download it? I used podcast addict and have it on my phone, just not sure if I can listen to it and not use up my data plan. Thanks for the help for us more challenged people!

I think this varies based on the app you use. Some of them will only use data when you download it the first time, but some might delete the episode after you listen to it or after some period of time (a week? a month?). Any that keep it downloaded should not use additional data for future listens.

Another dumb question. I finally figured out how to download it, but if a person does not have wifi does it use data to replay the podcast or just to download it? I used podcast addict and have it on my phone, just not sure if I can listen to it and not use up my data plan. Thanks for the help for us more challenged people!

You can choose to download or stream a podcast. If you download it it just uses data during the download and then you can listen at anytime even with no data service. If you stream it (listen without downloading) it uses data while you listen.

I use stitcher on android to listen to podcasts and it's worked flawlessly

I thought the podcast was really well put together. The guys from Zero Point Zero guys really have it figured out.

As maybe a less traditional consumer of this information I live in downtown Chicago and listen to outdoor podcasts during my commute to work. A podcast like this helps me stay informed of the issues that affect my hunting (I hunt out west 2-4 times a year) that might only show up in a local western newspaper.

Its also great to see a DIY western podcast as most of the common hunting media outside of Meat Eater is just big buck Midwest food plot fever which doesn't do much for me.

Keep up the great work.

Checking this morning I see Randy Newberg Unfiltered is the #3 podcast in the Outdoor Category on itunes. That list is 300 podcasts long.

Pretty darn cool.

Nicely done Randy. I spend a lot of time behind the wheel for my job and have been looking for something worth while to listen to. After enjoying your podcast I decided to jump over and download Steve's podcast as well. Both are entertaining, educational and just what I've been looking for. Looking forward for the next installment.

Congrats on a great first podcast Big Fin! Looking forward to many more :)

For android users- I use Podcast Republic

Really good listen; added it to my podcast list.

I use stitcher for most of my podcasts on my phone. I like that it also gives me the ability to listen to them online with my computer and resume podcasts where I left off on my phone.

Back