Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Poaching in Utah

I read a very similar article this morning on KSL. It does seem like a lot of animals in my own opinion. I was glad to see almost 75% of that number was fish, and it was not all big game. Please dont misunderstand me. I am not trying to down play the importance of all wildlife. It is simply my belief that when it comes to fishing it would be more likely for well meaning (yet ignorant to the laws) individuals trying to get into the woods unknowingly go fishing without a license, go in a area they weren't supposed to, Catch too many of a certain species, Ect. I feel that for someone to go into the woods intending to kill a big game animal without a license, they are likely aware they are breaking the laws.

I have no idea how that compares to other states and I would love to see a breakdown of any trends over the last 50 years, but regardless that number seems like a lot and is disappointing. I hope their reporting educates and dissuades, although I think @BraidenR is right that most know they are breaking the law. Thanks for posting @neffa3

I have no idea how that compares to other states and I would love to see a breakdown of any trends over the last 50 years, but regardless that number seems like a lot and is disappointing. I hope their reporting educates and dissuades, although I think @BraidenR is right that most know they are breaking the law. Thanks for posting @neffa3
I concur, I would love to see a break down of all the States, we need to get @wllm1313 on it ;)

I feel like WA has got to be pretty high especially once you add in all the marine infractions. I've seen a lot of people getting ticketed for too many crabs/clams/oysters

I concur, I would love to see a break down of all the States, we need to get @wllm1313 on it ;)

I feel like WA has got to be pretty high especially once you add in all the marine infractions. I've seen a lot of people getting ticketed for too many crabs/clams/oysters

Colorado has a yearly report that summarizes all of the violates... they also include a "best of the worst" section, some real bone heads over the years.

I would imagine most states have something to this effect, but I bet you have to FOIA to get some of the data.

Colorado
1578593653739.png

Montana
1578594098879.png

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back