Caribou Gear Tarp

Play Place for the Kids...

Moosie

Grand poopa
thought I'd stay off the Net and get something done this weekend... I almost finished.

swing1.sized.jpg

swing2.sized.jpg

swing3.sized.jpg

swing4.sized.jpg

swing5.sized.jpg

Alright,, Erin and I have something to play on when we stop by this winter on our way to Wyoming
hump.gif
:D

How did you get that far without the kids playing on it?? :D

Hunterman(Tony)

If that's anything like any of the other projects that you have got going, it looks like it is ready to enter into Phase 2 of construction, the "lets let it sit there for 2 years before we finish it" stage.

Ha Ha, sorry Oscar, I just couldn't resist....

MAN.... The Truth hurts Canoe !!!!

It actually has 3 phases, there is another Tower that I'm building next year but I needed to get something up due to a Promiste I made to Little "O" last year for his B-day, And his B-day is next weekend so I needed to cash in on it. I'm $700 into that stupid .. Err I mean into that swing set and haven't got the swings yet.. Dang woods Spendy. Thats why I need to do it in Phases :D :D

I was just fugging with you man, it looks really good. A guy here in our office just got done putting a kit similar to what you have up in his backyard. Was yours a prefabbed kit or did you design it yourself?

Prefab is for Wussy Engineers
I took a General Idea and Started buying lumber. Fortunately I'm not wasting any of it. I added a deck that overhangs next to the slide that was a Raised deck off the main one if you look closely at the picture. I like the Evolving project :D :D I priced it out with one of the compairable Prefab places here and they want several Grand. If you're looking to build one I could draw up the plans.

CalifHunt, I hear you on the trailer stuff. I have the old Trailer thats going up for Sale this week. (the one in the Corner back there) And I'm cleaning alot of stuff out and moving the New Trailer. But thanx for the Tire Idea. I'd take newer ones but you can kep the old ones

Actually, you could just use the tires for swings. What are you going to put under the play set?

I would do the same thing, as far as designing and building it myself rather than a pre-fab.

Plans? Heck Oscar you should know that I can't read any plans. Might as well just write the instructions in chinese, cause I won't know what to do with them anyway...

Cool, We call that a Deer Stand in Louisiana, just put a wide top orange juice jug in the corner. :D Every boy needs a place to go and read his Daddy's magazines!! Dang, that things even got a skinning pole next to it. Way to go Moosie!

Put a roof on it,a lawn chair in it and move it to the edge of a field and you got a nice deer stand. Oh yeah, a cooler. :D

Nicely done moosie, but no twirly slide? If you want the cadilac of playhouses, you gotta have a twirtly slide.

So when is it getting plumbed and wired? I figure you'll put 220 in there to run the air compressor and wirefeed.

And how bout a picture of moosie runnin that handsaw laying on the ground about half way through a 4x4 post...please tell me you have some power tools that aren't in the picture!

Everyone is so Dam Observant. I'll start with Smalls. Yes I do have power tools but I cut the Cord to the Saw about 1/2 way into the Project and Was to lazy to fix the Cord so I hand cutthe rest.. Makes sense right ;) Also, Phase 2 is the Equal size building on the Other side of the Stairs with a Twirly enclose slid on that side. Won't be till next year or so.

Bucktrack Little O's Birthday is Next Sat. You cna Bring your "LITTLE YOU" over if you want to play.

As far as the Suthin' boys, I agree I've seen Some Elaborite "TREE" stands before, Most self errected with no Tree's. But none with a Slide. But you could get out of the Stand quicker to change the Food in the Feeder you're next too for sure with a Slide ;)

Cali, I would send you detailed pictures and some costs if you are going to build one. What size are you looking at ?

Are you going to plumb water to the top of the slides for some slippery summer fun? If you don't baby oil and kentucky jelly make fine substitues.

Nah, Mikey has a climber-thing that my daughter and her husband left, and that is enough for him. Our backyard is not large enough for one like you are building. We could go with the longest part parallel with the side lot lines, but it looks like yours would still be too big unless we take out the covered patio and some established trees.

Mikey is getting into sports more now, so he would play on it less than before.

Moosie, I was noticing that you have a little chickweed coming up in your grass. Now what you need to do is....

Looks cool. Buy lots of waterproofing. Lots.

That is cool that you even have a step ladder there for Little O to play on. I think you need a little more stuff over there by the camper though.

Smalls. Notice the Slide is Facing and Landing into the Grass.... Water hookup was Early on in the Planning stage !!!

Cali, If you moved to Idaho you could get Illegal Firearm parts and own alot more land. :D :D

Dgibson, I am Consulting 1-pointer, Ithica and Gunner for some Tips.. Please post them in the Sportsmans issues so I can Check on it ;) Also, Wood is that impregnated outside wood. I was Hoping it was worth the money for the Weather proofing ?

Back