Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Plateau/Boulder elk

Fish

I will be heading out to Plateau/Boulder to chase elk DIY next weekend with my lucky tag. Drew the random tag as i didn't have close to max. My brother is coming out with me the first week to follow me around and film the hunt. Best tag i have ever and all my hunting friends either have no vacation or actually drew tags themselves.

Anyone that frequents the area, or who has hunted it before feel free to PM me. Or anyone who drew and will be down there hunting, let me know.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
thanks, Fish

Best tag I ever drew, I couldn't find anyone to go with me either.

Don't know anything about the unit. I hunted antelope down on the flats below the mountain a couple of years ago, and it sure looks like good country. Good luck!

I will be heading out to Plateau/Boulder to chase elk DIY next weekend with my lucky tag. Drew the random tag as i didn't have close to max. My brother is coming out with me the first week to follow me around and film the hunt. Best tag i have ever and all my hunting friends either have no vacation or actually drew tags themselves.

Anyone that frequents the area, or who has hunted it before feel free to PM me. Or anyone who drew and will be down there hunting, let me know.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
thanks, Fish
Hi Fish,
I see you haven't posted since 2014 but I thought I'd try to contact you anyway. My name is Larry Muench and I live in Ogden. I'm 75 years old but in excellent health and shape and have been hunting since I was 14. I've hunted in several Western states and last year took a great 330 bull in AZ. Three years ago I got a 310 bull in CO hunting with a guide after waiting 24 years. My best bull in UT is a 310 and in 2012 I hunted the Grouse creek CWMU, got screwed by the rancher on dates, hunted hard for 9 days and never saw a bull over 320 and ended up eating the tag after 16 years. I'm trying to decide whether or not to hire an outfitter for the Plateau Boulder late season ALW that I got lucky and drew. I don't know anything about the unit and would really appreciate any info you would be willing to share about hunting the unit. Most of my elk hunting in UT is for spikes on the Manti and 3-corners for deer and I would be willing to share any info on these units if you are interested. Thanks.
Larry

I was hoping that even if fish didn't reply, maybe someone else might see the post and be will to share some info.

I was hoping that even if fish didn't reply, maybe someone else might see the post and be will to share some info.
Well, thanks for using the search function. I don’t have anything to add, but it’s appreciated.

I'm not able to send you a private message, not sure why, but for some reason it not available.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fingelfinger
Back