Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Plate ‘em up

Had a package of ham hocks in the freezer from last years big we bought. Tossed them in the crockpot with a jar of sour kraut. Ate like that lots growing up when mom was away and dad was cooking for a weekend. Haha. It was a good throwback!
Just saw ham hocks in the freezer the other day, now I know what I'm gonna do with em.

Just saw ham hocks in the freezer the other day, now I know what I'm gonna do with em.
Dad would do plain pork hocks in the butcher shop in the winter like this too. Then add some BBQ sauce with some toast for open face sandwiches. Bachelor type meals! Haha.

Not the best picture but they looked to good to wait!
pretty much a birria taco.

This morning I seasoned and seared a chuck roast, then an onion and several cloves of garlic.
Added in some spices and 2 cups of beef broth to my pan with the onion. Put everything in the crock pot and let it roll for 9hr.
Put monterey jack in a hot pan and top it with a beef juice dipped tortilla. Flip it over, add shredded beef, and fold over to crisp.

Attachments

• received_430987118463879.jpeg
    received_430987118463879.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 6
1654189392029.jpeg
Asian zing smoked squirrel and morel mushrooms!!

Smoked squirrel:
-Cut squirrel into 5 pieces
-Cover in cast iron Dutch oven and braise for an hour. I had two big squirrels and 1 small squirrel. The small squirrel was falling off the bone so I just ate it after I was done braising.
-coat squirrel pieces in olive oil and smoke for an hour. After an hour roll in Asian zing sauce (Asian pepper sauce, hoisin sauce, Worcestershire, soy sauce, honey, ginger powder, onion powder
-turn the heat up a bit and return to smoker for 30 minutes

For the Morels I used the Everglades seasoning batter recommended a few pages back! I like it a lot!

View attachment 224531
Asian zing smoked squirrel and morel mushrooms!!

Smoked squirrel:
-Cut squirrel into 5 pieces
-Cover in cast iron Dutch oven and braise for an hour. I had two big squirrels and 1 small squirrel. The small squirrel was falling off the bone so I just ate it after I was done braising.
-coat squirrel pieces in olive oil and smoke for an hour. After an hour roll in Asian zing sauce (Asian pepper sauce, hoisin sauce, Worcestershire, soy sauce, honey, ginger powder, onion powder
-turn the heat up a bit and return to smoker for 30 minutes

For the Morels I used the Everglades seasoning batter recommended a few pages back! I like it a lot!

oh my!!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back