Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Plate ‘em up

I've cooked a lot of pig, just never carnitas (or any other mexican/spanish variant),,, tended to the sauerkraut side of things,,, but when leftovers are done, a small pig quarter is coming out and carnitas it is (y)
I use leftover smoked pork shoulder to make my carnitas. Just throw a handful of smoked pulled pork in a cast iron pan with some bacon grease to crisp it up a bit, then drizzle a bit of orange juice, margarita or ginger beer over it to add some moisture back and sweetness. Then serve on soft tortillas with whatever condiments your prefer. I eat this at least twice a week.

B9D94A0F-3CB9-4CF0-94A9-038375AD380A.jpeg

Your dog eats better than most people Brent!
They definitely eat better than me - more costly too. Tamra does all the chef work for the animals. The amounto fo time and money she spends is crazy and definitely in the "I don't want to know" department. We'd be in the poor house feeding your guy. I can't imagine keeping up with his appetite.

Wait…is that one of those special Gus beaver recipes we heard about? Way more gourmet than I even imagined!
Yup. This one is beaver, muskrat, bison tripe, sardine, 2 green-lipped mussels, home grown duck egg, blueberries, some greens in there somewhere, goat kefir, I think pomegranate, a drizzle of some sort of oil, and a sprinkle of a couple misc types of seeds. I may have missed something, but that's more or less it at home every day. On the road, it gets simplified a little.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back