Caribou Gear

Plate ‘em up

I ate half of this duck before I thought to take a photo, but a simple grilled gadwall, garden asparigus, some corn from god-knows-where, and one of my T's more creative salads (peaches, mangos, hemps seed, tomatoes, greens, and who knows what else). Not bad at all... Just a touch over cooked on the duck however. Just a little.20220528_184753.jpg

20220528_211851.jpg
Pozole in the crock pot using the legs and thighs of my turkey from this year. Instead of browning before going in the crock pot I smoked the meat for about 2.5 hours. We'll eat it for lunch tomorrow, and I'll try to report back.....

View attachment 223952
Pozole in the crock pot using the legs and thighs of my turkey from this year. Instead of browning before going in the crock pot I smoked the meat for about 2.5 hours. We'll eat it for lunch tomorrow, and I'll try to report back.....
Had pozole for the first time this winter, I've been missing out for 35 years.

I feel the same way. I've done it once before with turkey legs, and a couple times with squirrels. We eat it with tortilla chips, sour cream, and avocado. It's absolutely fantastic.
I've never smoked the meat before putting it in, though. Hoping for a nice smoky, spicy flavor.

I feel the same way. I've done it once before with turkey legs, and a couple times with squirrels. We eat it with tortilla chips, sour cream, and avocado. It's absolutely fantastic.
I've never smoked the meat before putting it in, though. Hoping for a nice smoky, spicy flavor.
I had it with leftover smoked pulled pork. Amazing

Mozzarella stuffed venison meatball skewers (made from home seasoned Italian sausage) with pineapple and peppers and smoked with cherry wood chips. Definitely going to make these again!

Attachments

• KIMG2155.JPG
    KIMG2155.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 6
  • KIMG2156.JPG
    KIMG2156.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
View attachment 223952

nicely done

I first had pozole when my daughter was doing her Post-Doc work at Fairchild AFB / Albequerque - fell in love with it and make it a couple of times a year now - usually with turkey legs and thighs

it's good stuff

I called this one "kimchi fish" - if you don't like kimchi (korean "sauer kraut") you won't like it

me - I really like kimchi

took two beeliners (vermillon snapper) and sprinkled kimchi kick on it, then covered with some kimchi leaves
baked

served with steamed rice and kimchi

11615CE8-CC77-4CF8-9CE5-40316743CC50.jpeg

that kimchi kick is some good stuff

12C7785E-FB48-4F0F-A9C5-CABC2B05FEA6.jpeg

I called this one "kimchi fish" - if you don't like kimchi (korean "sauer kraut") you won't like it

me - I really like kimchi

took two beeliners (vermillon snapper) and sprinkled kimchi kick on it, then covered with some kimchi leaves
baked

served with steamed rice and kimchi

View attachment 224123

that kimchi kick is some good stuff

View attachment 224124
nice choice of fish

Back