Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Plantar Faciitis/Achilles tendonitis

i have had a couple bouts with Plantar whatever it's called... i went to the Doctor and said after tests and x rays "well your foot hurts" I could barely walk! funny thing is i walked on the beach in the winter barefoot and it went away but that was after a week of agony..

second bout was while in colorado on vacation after a hike same pain, felt like my foot was cramping but stretching it only increased the pain Ice and an ace bandage helped a little. drove through Yellowstone and packed it in snow for a couple hours and the pain slowly went away after that.. keep it cold and relaxed...

If you can get into some good PT it will help. I had an Achilles injury almost 2 years ago and it was awful. The recovery was slow and painful, but the PT seemed to be the best thing. I had to increase my flexibility and really work the injury rather than just taping it up to reduce my pain and using meds to dull the pain.

I did find that if I changed out the insoles in my shoes and boots more often it helped me not have flare up issues as often.

I would've never thought custom orthotics or good insoles would've helped PF, but I'm a believer now. I'm about to have to have my orthotics refurbished for the second time.

The pain associated with PF was unbearable before - especially when I first put my feet on the ground in the mornings or after sitting for long periods of time. I drive a desk now, so I try to get up ever so often and walk - usually across the building to the coffee pot:)

Back