Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Places Tourists Shouldn't Miss Glasgow, MT?

Birdbander

I'm bringing a couple of friends to Ft. Peck Reservoir in February for a week of pike spearing.

What are a places we shouldn't miss?

She laughs, but she’s a local. I’m serious because it’s a place unique in the world.

It’s a mostly abandoned Town. Has a really interesting history. And is probably the closest thing to the apocalypse one can get without actually having family members and friends die. It’s a sort of ghost town, but from the mid 20th century

Just a neat place. We went there for work a few years back, and across the highway from it and just a bit north there was a fishing access at a little pond that we had fun at too.

I hope to take my family to it someday before it inevitably changes.

it is a safe haven for deer and sharptails in a bad winter, i have pocs somewere of 100,s of sharptails in the russian olive trees in the old homes and a bunch of deer standing insides a few of the houses

they should film a horror flick there

Sorry, it’s a bit of an inside joke in my circle 😁. It’s an old, mostly abandoned air base. If you are a Walking Dead fan, you will LOVE St. Marie!

Honestly, there’s a reason there are very few tourists in February in that neck of the woods. Everything that immediately comes to my mind that’s cool to see, will be closed or likely inaccessible then unfortunately. I’m sure there’s something, but I’m drawing a blank right now.

That was a good read, thank you NR.

Maybe a narrower criteria:
How about places to eat, either historic places or ones with great steaks?
I like reading historic markers so I'll check as many as possible.

One of the travel magazines did some research to find the " Middle of no were."
Glasgow MT was picked, and it is.
Fort Peck has a great theater production team.

I thought Eugene's pizza was good as well. Also enjoyed a good walleye meal at the Cottonwood Inn restaurant think it was called The Rose or something back several years ago.
Our plan is to stay at the Cottonwood. We'll probably eat there, just looking for other places for variety.

The Montana Bar will likely be one for the history aspect alone.

Glasgow is not well known for its dining options by any stretch. But, if you can temper your expectations…Eugene’s is decent for eastern Montana pizza. Sam and Jeff’s or the Busted Knuckle Brewery are popular local watering holes. Honestly The Gateway in Ft. Peck has as good of food as anything in town.
Yep. Go to Sam and Jeff’s. Grab a drink then order your Eugene’s pizza. I used to always stay at the cottonwood and have dinner there too but then started stayng at the Rundle for a much nicer room at the same price.

The Rundle does look nice! We might have issues there with parking multiple trucks towing trailers.

If I was taking my wife, that would be my first option though.
Truthfully we're equipped to sleep in our shanties if need be so any room is fine.

I appreciate all of the information from everyone!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back