Pig Hunting Weekend

fairchase

I hunted this weekend at Tejon Ranch and while the overall success rate was quite low, I managed my to nail a good boar. I passed a 330 yard shot, to shoot this boar at 10 yards.

Attachments

• Hog04mail.jpg
    Hog04mail.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 578
Calif. Hunter said:
Were you just out for a short visit? (I see you're from Idaho.)

Thanks guys.
Ya, I just went down to chase the piggies... I hunted 3 days total.

Fairchas..... Maybe you didn't notice that I was from Boise.... And maybe you didn't realise that I like to hunt... And Maybe you haven't read the posts about my hunts and How much fun We have on them.....

.....Although, Maybe you have and thats why I wasn't invited. ;)

Seriously though, Nice Piggie !!!! What gun did you use ? I'm guessing a High Caliber of One with a Muzz break on it ?

I want to shoot one of those. I'll go with you on a hunt like that Moosie. See someone still likes you. :D

nice pig. mo when you come to disney world i will take you to shoot one, and your ugly brother too.

Moosie...point taken :eek:
Really, I would have enjoyed the company...I went solo because I couldn't get anybody to commit so close to the holidays.
We should get a group of Hunttalk people together and do a caravan next time. I know we could show those local boys a thing or two bout' huntin'

I was shooting a Browning A-bolt in 280 Rem. with the BOSS system.

Greg

How much did it cost, I missed the draw for javelina in AZ this yr and my buddy that hunted pigs with me last yr was throwing out the idea of california.

Thanx OK Fairchase... My feelings aren't hurt ... :p

Nice pig, didn't mean to Harrass ya too much. I went to Salinas Cali for a Hog hunt once and ended up with a Sow with my bow. Never shot a boar..... yet :)

We've had several Gatherings with Hunttalk. once a Bear hunt in Canada with about 9 guys going and once to Texas with about 16. Maybe we'll do it again next year. this year I was a slacker and didn't set it up.

Nice pig!!! Not sure where Tejon Ranch is BUT for us Idaho guys you can hunt hogs here-about 2 hours from Boise. LOTS of animals and there are some BIG ones (400 lb'er killed a couple days before I was there)

Tejon Ranch costs 400.00 for 2.5 days of hunting and camping.
1 pig is allowed to be taken.
Tejon is a beautifuly awesome place and is the largest piece of private property left in California, over 270,000 acers. You can drive and hunt all weekend and see tons of different animals...all completely wild. In two days of hunting I came across not only pigs but deer, bobcats, turkeys, and elk. The ranch has a great wildlife management program with hunts avaiable for deer, elk, bear and pigs. Its a mix of steep canyons with grasslands and acorn and walnut trees. Most inportantly the place has only fences to manage cattle. No game animals are pen raised or stocked in any way and the pigs are probably the most wary of all the animals on the property because they get hunted all year long. So, between that and the steepness of the terrain the hunting there is a real challenge. In years past the ranch has had elk taken that go over 400 B&C and bears that have weighed in at 600+ lbs

Greg

Gatoman, there are still some HAM javelina tags left in AZ.....check out azgfd.com,
I know a ranch in TX that has lots of hogs, you can kill all you want for $150 a day, but its bow only...........anyone interested?

Fairchse.... Figure it out and Call me (208)571-1ELK is my cell. Let's do it. But you realise Texas has alot of fences, your Signature would seem topoint in a different direction ;)

IDDucky, I saw the pics of that place, It's over by twin right ? I hear it's a Small enclosure type hunt ? Not that I'm knocking it, jsut asking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back