Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Pics of my AZ Elk Hunt

Larry Landgren

Thought I would post a few pics of my September Elk hunt.

Here is a pic of 2 bulls fighting. There in the 340 class. I took this pic out of my spotting scope at over 900 yards out

FortApache2007063.jpg

Here is a pic of one of the bulls walking around

FortApache2007062.jpg

Here is a pic of th bull with a few of his cows

FortApache2007058.jpg

Here is a pic of a pretty cool lake up there. Forgot the name of it

FortApache2007055.jpg

And here is a pic of the bull we shot. He grossed 396 5/8. He had 57 1/4 main beams with a 48" wide spread.

FortApache2007014.jpg

Last edited:
Hunter wasn't smileing... I can see why..... 396 ? What a waste shooting a Raghorn like that ... ;)

Congrats !!!

I did not shoot this bull. My dad shot him. I just got my picture took with it, LOL. I hunted hard for 7 days and we could not find the right bull for me to shoot.

Here is the best side view I have on my memory card. This came of the white mountain fort apache reservation. My dad had the trophy tag and I had the Managment bull tag ( mature 5x5) and a cull bull tag ( deformed horn like on side a 6x6 and the other a spike). We saw only one bull that might have classified as a managment bull on the 3rd day that was in the 320" class range that I passed on hoping to find a bigger one since they have killed a few 5x5's in the 350-375 class in the past.

The day after we shot my dads bull we were chasing bugles looking for a managment or cull bull and ended up finding a bull that was in the 420 -430 class range. He was a 7x7 that had main beams that were around 65-67" and a spread that was pushing 50". His fronts were out past his nose and the rest of his points had some serious length. We first saw this bull at 90 yards between 2 cedar trees. When we saw him we cow called and he came right at us :eek: He came within 10 yards of us and screamed at us. He stood there for probaly a good minute or 2 intell he walked beside us to look for the cow. That was about the hardest situation I have ever had to deal with since I was not able to shoot that bull :BLEEP: Just Experiencing that made the hole trip worth it even if I did not shoot a bull.

Good news is i got a DIY az bull tag in unit 10 next month and the first rag horn I see is getting wacked.

Attachments

• Fort Apache 2007 016.jpg
    Fort Apache 2007 016.jpg
    702.4 KB · Views: 483
Stud bull, were there any other good bulls from the WMFA? I know the San Carlos produced some monsters...

I know of a 436, 420 and 2 others that were pushing the 400 gross mark this year. I know there was alot of bulls shot that grossed 350-370 class killed this year. They had some good horn growth this year to do the moisture they received.

STan have you heard of any good bulls coming out of unit 27 and 1 besides that drop tine ?

Back