Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Picked out your mulie or elk on the winter range?

Ruthless and funny.:D I think I struck a nerve with Buc. Maybe it was the dumb deer comment, maybe the TV comment, something hit home pretty hard, funny I didn't even qoute him in my post. I think everybody but Buc knew that wasn't about Greenhorn, I won't dare compare my animals to his.

Buc go have a beer and chill a bit, I think a re-run of Buckmasters is on.:eek:

Oh what fun

C'mon Big Oprah - let's see your trophy's today - Best Whitey/Best Muley... or maybe your on the rag and can't perform right now...?

Perhaps your quick-shot pal, Belly-Deep, can post his too...??

Heck, maybe some others will join in also.. Greenhorn and Badlandcat posted theirs...here are mine again:

Attachments

• DSCF0220.jpg
    DSCF0220.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:
Damn greenhorn

Somewhere back east, tarheed and all his buddies are jacking off to the pictures you just posted.

I will expect to not hear from tarheed until he's either recovered or washed his hand.

Sorry to disappoint. Can't a guy go out of town for a weekend?

Not sure what I am supposed to be recovering from, and so far as the self abuse is concerned; we don't practice circle jerks here, don't know how it is where you hang out.

After reading all the input over the weekend it appears that trophy picking is high on the list of some, and that's fine if that's what you like, but I don't think that was the original intent of the thread. I think that Dinkshooter is owed a big apology for how his well thought out thread was hijacked and bulldozed in spite of several attempts to get it back on track. Seems an opinion expressed in the form of a four letter word was taken as a personal affront by some who are either pretty thin-skinned or suffering from cabin fever and are just looking for an excuse to pick a fight.

I've hunted both species for 53 years in several states both eastern and western and have noticed that the resident deer adapt to their environment, and the whiteys just seem to be more adaptable and that speaks of a higher level of intelligence in my opinion. That was not meant to imply that hunters who prefer muleys are of less intelligence, although that appears to be the way my statement was taken by some. I didn't intend to put a burr under anyone's saddle, but I do still have the same opinion, and that's all I have to say on the subject.

"We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." -----George Orwell

C'mon Big Oprah - let's see your trophy's today - Best Whitey/Best Muley... or maybe your on the rag and can't perform right now...?

Perhaps your quick-shot pal, Belly-Deep, can post his too...??

Heck, maybe some others will join in also.. Greenhorn and Badlandcat posted theirs...here are mine again:

Post pics to get your respect ? Not something I'm looking for. Very nice Mule deer by the way. I do not have one that big, wish I did. Which outfitter did you use? Posting those pics proves what???
I do have plenty of stories and a nice trophy wall to go with them, just like most on this site I'm sure. If you think that's what this is about I think your on the wrong website. Posting pics does not earn respect, although you are trying hard. I have countless miles and days in the mountains with a whole lot of un-notched tags to show for it. Maybe you could just keep posting your pics over and over again like you have been for the rest of us. As far as stories, mine and most others here consist of alot more than walking behind the house, sitting in a tree and watching a garden all day.

Post pics to get your respect ? Not something I'm looking for. Very nice Mule deer by the way. I do not have one that big, wish I did. Which outfitter did you use? Posting those pics proves what???
I do have plenty of stories and a nice trophy wall to go with them, just like most on this site I'm sure. If you think that's what this is about I think your on the wrong website. Posting pics does not earn respect, although you are trying hard. I have countless miles and days in the mountains with a whole lot of un-notched tags to show for it. Maybe you could just keep posting your pics over and over again like you have been for the rest of us. As far as stories, mine and most others here consist of alot more than walking behind the house, sitting in a tree and watching a garden all day.

Nice comeback... figured you wouldn't have the balls to post any pics.

I'm shocked, there is actually a hint of intelligence in your response... but do you really think this website is about bashing half the continent on their hunting methods..??

Maybe you could use some of your stories and knowledge to prove your points rather than blurting out your stupid azz remarks about other hunters... ?? and mocking others that travel west to pursue big game...?? Maybe YOU would earn more respect then.... but then again, you're probably not smart enough to comprehend that...

Sorry to disappoint. Can't a guy go out of town for a weekend?

Not sure what I am supposed to be recovering from, and so far as the self abuse is concerned; we don't practice circle jerks here, don't know how it is where you hang out.

After reading all the input over the weekend it appears that trophy picking is high on the list of some, and that's fine if that's what you like, but I don't think that was the original intent of the thread. I think that Dinkshooter is owed a big apology for how his well thought out thread was hijacked and bulldozed in spite of several attempts to get it back on track. Seems an opinion expressed in the form of a four letter word was taken as a personal affront by some who are either pretty thin-skinned or suffering from cabin fever and are just looking for an excuse to pick a fight.

I've hunted both species for 53 years in several states both eastern and western and have noticed that the resident deer adapt to their environment, and the whiteys just seem to be more adaptable and that speaks of a higher level of intelligence in my opinion. That was not meant to imply that hunters who prefer muleys are of less intelligence, although that appears to be the way my statement was taken by some. I didn't intend to put a burr under anyone's saddle, but I do still have the same opinion, and that's all I have to say on the subject.

"We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." -----George Orwell

Wow that's a lot of typing. I will assume its all your opinion so I will not read it. You live back east so I don't care what your opinion is.

Wow. This one's went all Richard Simmons..

I think whitetails are typically the wilier of the species - but not always. They are certainly more adaptable - like coyotes. They are most definitely more patternable and killable unless they go vampire-mode. Is a huge whitetail more awe-inspiring than a big muley? Some guys think turkeys are pretty amazing.

Hem, the photos of my elk could have been taken anywhere with thick stands of old pine. I appreciate that you might want to "bump into me" when out hunting elk, but I think your chances would be MUCH higher at Town & Country Grocery.

Greenhorn,
Haha, yeah i'm a turkey fan too.Honestly,I loath bumping into anybody when elk hunting.I'm just messin' with you.Every drainage has its own character and the one I have in mind is no exception.If I'm right,than you scored one of those bulls I have tried so hard for in bow season.If I'm wrong, well it doesn't really matter.Hell,enough roaring.Try turkey hunting sometime,you might be suprised.

For what its worth,

Fred Eichler and Chuck Adams both said Western whitetails are easier than Eastern whitetails on Easton Bowhunting Show. They actually said it on 2 different shows.

Are you sure that buck doesn't have a little whitetail in him Kurt?? (this years)

(geesh, then I just saw i posted this in response to a post a ways back...gotta read more...)

Fred Eichler and Chuck Adams both said Western whitetails are easier than Eastern whitetails on Easton Bowhunting Show. They actually said it on 2 different shows.

WELL THEN.....that SETTLES it....

Last edited:
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back