Phone Scam this afternoon- interesting

man i haven't answered a phone call that didn't come up as a contact in my phone in years.

tho honestly even when it's someone i know i don't usually answer.
Insta request, linkedin request, onslaught of vendor emails since $100 oil, my exploding work phone.

If your email address doesn't end @ourcompany or your name isn't saved in my contacts I'm 100% not going to respond. If you leave a message you have a 20% chance.

The most hilarious vendor spam since Feb 2021 has been the armed security companies, for whatever reason there are now a pile of companies cold calling hard to get you to hire them to patrol your pad sites and offices.

Insta request, linkedin request, onslaught of vendor emails since $100 oil, my exploding work phone.

If your email address doesn't end @ourcompany or your name isn't saved in my contacts I'm 100% not going to respond. If you leave a message you have a 20% chance.

The most hilarious vendor spam since Feb 2021 has been the armed security companies, for whatever reason there are now a pile of companies cold calling hard to get you to hire them to patrol your pad sites and offices.

seriously.

we've reached the point in society where 90% of digital notifications for anything are ads, spam, or scams. i have 34 unread text messages rights now, that's on the low end. admittedly most of those are actual people and friends, but i'm so overstimulated and stressed out by notifications that i barely glance at text messages anymore. just glace at the first few words only to make sure they aren't pressing issues that need replies, otherwise they basically get ignored.

Usually, those calls are just a recording or a computer-generated voice, so they aren't much fun. I have found though, that when I get to talk to a real person, male or female, if I tell them that I am completely nude and request that they remove their cloths before continuing, it kinda throws them off their game. Especially when I start asking very personal questions about their anatomy.

I get a bunch of those “you’re approved for a business loan, get $300,000 in you account by the end of the day”

I strung one guy out for about an hour. I just told him I wanted the money but didn’t wanna sign anything. He tried explaining how loans work for about 45 minutes before he got pissed and gave up.

Usually, those calls are just a recording or a computer-generated voice, so they aren't much fun. I have found though, that when I get to talk to a real person, male or female, if I tell them that I am completely nude and request that they remove their cloths before continuing, it kinda throws them off their game. Especially when I start asking very personal questions about their anatomy.
...facetime

seriously.

we've reached the point in society where 90% of digital notifications for anything are ads, spam, or scams.
or friends/family/acquaintances trying to get you to join their pyramid schemes 🤦‍♂️

Cousin... FML
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So exciting about [ your wife's job] and a move! Where are you moving to? I don’t think we can get to [grand parents house].
😩
Our daughter, has a weeklong Winter break in March that doesn’t line up with Easter.

I thought of you this past weekend and didn’t know if you’ve ever looked into CBD for its health benefits? Do you have any experience with it? I completely understand being weary of CBD because of its perceived connection to cannabis, or weed.
😳
Don’t worry, if this was illegal or connected to anything that got you high, I would NOT be part of it!!
🙌
CBD comes from the hemp plant, not the marijuana plant and has so many health benefits like helping with inflammation, sleep, anxiety/depression, arthritis, seizures, muscle & joint pain/recovery —just to name a few. And for pets!! It doesn’t get you high, but instead puts your body into a state of balance, or homeostasis. It is legal in all 50 states with .3% THC and we also have an Isolate that has zero THC. Our entire family takes it - even our almost 7-year-old. It’s helped me with anxiety, mood, sleep, joint & muscle pain and plantar fasciitis (topical creams). Could I send you a quick video about the company and get your feedback? It may help answer some questions too.
🤗

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

or friends/family/acquaintances trying to get you to join their pyramid schemes 🤦‍♂️

Cousin... FML
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So exciting about [ your wife's job] and a move! Where are you moving to? I don’t think we can get to [grand parents house].
😩
Our daughter, has a weeklong Winter break in March that doesn’t line up with Easter.

I thought of you this past weekend and didn’t know if you’ve ever looked into CBD for its health benefits? Do you have any experience with it? I completely understand being weary of CBD because of its perceived connection to cannabis, or weed.
😳
Don’t worry, if this was illegal or connected to anything that got you high, I would NOT be part of it!!
🙌
CBD comes from the hemp plant, not the marijuana plant and has so many health benefits like helping with inflammation, sleep, anxiety/depression, arthritis, seizures, muscle & joint pain/recovery —just to name a few. And for pets!! It doesn’t get you high, but instead puts your body into a state of balance, or homeostasis. It is legal in all 50 states with .3% THC and we also have an Isolate that has zero THC. Our entire family takes it - even our almost 7-year-old. It’s helped me with anxiety, mood, sleep, joint & muscle pain and plantar fasciitis (topical creams). Could I send you a quick video about the company and get your feedback? It may help answer some questions too.
🤗

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F84EE645-9726-4646-8ACD-1667778456A3.gif

Cousin... FML
😩

😳
🙌
🤗

What about the essential oils one. Jesus H Christ. Those people should be hung by their toes in the rafters of a hay barn.

My spam blocker's personal best is 97 rejected calls from the same number. 97 in a row. Persistent bastards.

If a call gets through but I don't recognize the number, I ignore it. I get several of those every day. Almost all are hang ups.

Riddle me this one.... Since were on the topic of scams/fraud.... I received a $100 Visa Gift Card for xmas. One of those gift cards that are sealed in paper packaging. I hadn't touched it yet but went to use it last week and they rang it up and my purchase kept declining. The worker said there is only $2.50 on the card. After a 50 minute wait on the phone I find out that the card was used at a Target in CA and I live in IA..... pretty frustrating because its not like your local bank that knows you and has protection against fraud and can refund your money. $100 down the drain im sure

Cousin... FML
😩

😳
🙌
🤗

i'm so glad no one i know personally has tried to rope me in to something like that.

tho one of my friends works at Gymshark and keeps trying to get me to buy their stuff.

bro, my 8 dollar shorts from wal mart work just fine at the gym.

Riddle me this one.... Since were on the topic of scams/fraud.... I received a $100 Visa Gift Card for xmas. One of those gift cards that are sealed in paper packaging. I hadn't touched it yet but went to use it last week and they rang it up and my purchase kept declining. The worker said there is only $2.50 on the card. After a 50 minute wait on the phone I find out that the card was used at a Target in CA and I live in IA..... pretty frustrating because its not like your local bank that knows you and has protection against fraud and can refund your money. $100 down the drain im sure
I hate gift cards in general. Typically if I get one I immediately go onto amazon and use them to buy an "amazon card", then there is just a $100 balance or whatever pending on my account that I can use whenever I do need something.

I hate gift cards in general. Typically if I get one I immediately go onto amazon and use them to buy an "amazon card", then there is just a $100 balance or whatever pending on my account that I can use whenever I do need something.
Brilliant. They’re a PITA to use for gas.

My best friend's dad called him up one day and asked him for a ride to the bank. He didn't think anything of it and took him to the bank. He noticed his dad withdrew $1500 so he asked him what it was for. His das told him not to say anything to anyone right away, but he had just won the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstake and all he had to do was send them $1500 in gift cards to cover expenses and fees and he would receive $7,000,000.

If it didn't work, I guess they wouldn't do it.

good idea. Since it was a Visa Gift card I normally use my Square account and transfer the money into my bank account asap but drug my feet on this one. lesson learned

i'm so glad no one i know personally has tried to rope me in to something like that.

tho one of my friends works at Gymshark and keeps trying to get me to buy their stuff.

bro, my 8 dollar shorts from wal mart work just fine at the gym.
The gift of growing up in chitty mountain towns with no jobs that keeps on giving... everyone has to have a side hustle pyramid scheme apparently.

Off the top of my head,

Legal zoom
Some bespoke clothing thing
Mary Kay
Glow Health
MONAT Global
Arbonne
Herbalife
Juice Plus
Rodan

... no text, call, DM, PM or social media account is safe lol

Down side of being self employed. I get frequent calls from unknown numbers of people that are seriously wanting to ask pricing, location, etc.
If I don't answer the numbers I don't recognize I am potentially losing clients.
If most people are like me I want to actually talk to a real person when call.

Back