Yeti GOBOX Collection

Philly Imam Pleads Guilty To Tax Invasion

Quiet_One

PHILADELPHIA - A politically connected Muslim cleric pleaded guilty Wednesday to four counts of tax evasion, and his trial on other corruption charges was abruptly delayed until Thursday.

Shamsud-din Ali, the leader of an influential Philadelphia mosque, was indicted as part of a sweeping corruption investigation that involved surveillance of several city officials, including the mayor.

Prosecutors said Ali, who has close ties to city Democrats, siphoned tens of thousands of dollars from a school associated with his mosque and accepted contributions to the school from drug dealers.

At his plea hearing Ali said he had not reported or paid taxes on all of his income from the school but denied benefiting from drug money.

Prosecutors also allege Ali used his political friendships to extort money from city vendors and paid a $2,000 kickback to a city councilwoman's aide to obtain a city contract for which he did no work.

Opening statements for Ali's trial on the other charges were delayed until Thursday. He has maintained his innocence.
:MAD |oo

This is what i mean muslem, tey come here dont have pay taxes i know that thats bunch BS, if that isnt enough for them come here get paid 1000a month i am housewife i cant even get that , he has go and steal bunch of money from school , like i said stop any immagrant from coming over the border, but guess that cant be stopped, our big greddy guys want this chit to happen go figure, but anyway guess we dont matter, we tell em if u keep em comin more gonna happen.

Back