pets that are pray, Jimmy

mdcrossbow

some of you know I have a pet Pigeon, Jimmy she's about 4.5
Very smart bird.

Good scare this morning. Having my coffee and Jimmy sitting above me on the outside door. Like lightning she takes off and a Red tail in hot pursuit of a meal. About what seemed like forever then she Fly's across the building, much higher then I've seen her fly before, and then nothing for about 10 - 15 minutes. Jarrod shows up at the shop, I walk out to tell him and one on my guys in the shop says Jimmy's in the shop.​

She's now recuperating from her ordeal.
She's so quick she Picked up the Red-Tail coming in, she had a good 40 yards on him when he flew over me.
Jimmy rides on the Harley, plugged my cup holder for her to ride on, and sits on my left arm when driving. She can be a real pain in the a$$ in the shop specially when she wants attention.
Being a hunter and watching birds of pray in action, taking down birds it made my heart jump a few beats.

Attachments

• jimmy.png
    jimmy.png
    548.5 KB · Views: 38
One day in the off season a buddy calls and says he’s got a farmer who needs some pigeons keeled at his barn. We set up a couple mojos, some decoys and go to town. 3rd guy shoots one with bands on each foot. Being waterfowl hunters, but against my advise he calls the number on the band. On speaker phone he proceeds to tell woman on other end he just shot her homing pigeon and wanted to know if she could tell him a little about it… I haven’t hunted pigeons since.

One day in the off season a buddy calls and says he’s got a farmer who needs some pigeons keeled at his barn. We set up a couple mojos, some decoys and go to town. 3rd guy shoots one with bands on each foot. Being waterfowl hunters, but against my advise he calls the number on the band. On speaker phone he proceeds to tell woman on other end he just shot her homing pigeon and wanted to know if she could tell him a little about it… I haven’t hunted pigeons since.
When I was stationed at Ft. Monmouth NJ top and I had a few run in. I was down to 2 weeks ETS.
So top told me to clean the attic. Unbeknownst to me 100's of Pigeons lived up there. I started my morning with a MOP and bucket of soap before sunlight.i opened the door switched on the lights which was attached to a 6ft fan at the other end. All I can saw we're feathers, I only had to clean the area 1 time. Maybe I should have inform the cook fresh squad was plentiful.

Last edited:
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back