Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Permit to carry reciprocity in all 50 states

as long as the other 49 states are in line with Alaska, I am for it. ( Even Arizona's laws would be o.k. at least compared to some )

so much BS today and not just firearms. The so called "metoo" movement, trying to change the name of the John Wayne airport, because he said something 20 years ago someone now finds offense, wanting to remove all the Thomas Jefferson statues, the new abortion push that allows an abortion after a heartbeat, the war on christianly, "somebody, somewhere, did something to the U.S." when referring to 911 ( twin towers-)------I know I am old and perhaps my ways are also old, but I can tell you nobody in our family had ADD, when my grandmother and her oak switch was around, she got our "attention" just fine.

My short answer to this thread is --yes, with all states the same as Alaska's firearm laws

p.s. I forgot noharleyyet mentioned the electoral college and I agree with him 100%---lets let New York and Calif make all our decisions for us, crazy!! For the record I am also not to happy with some of the things that are happening in Arizona either. but we do have some sensible carry laws. sharpshooter97 posted we should not have to have a permit at all--if you legally own the firearm, thats it, your done or should be.

Last edited:
Dont hold back April, tell us what you really think :)

As bad as it is in some states in the United States, it is even worse and more restrictive in other parts of the world . Fight hard and keeping fighting to keep as many "rights" as possible because the opposition will.

It would be great if all states were the same, obviously depending on the state chosen to follow., and all one would need was one permit for all 50

Last edited:
We just moved last year to MT, and last month we took the cc permit class. I believe both MN, and had four hours of class room. But MN did require you to do additional gun range coarse, and MT didn’t. I mainly want to have a cc permit when traveling, so I’m in favor of a national cc permit.

Wyoming is so much like NYC that it makes sense to me...

I am going to beg to disagree. If you exclude Cheyenne, Casper, Laramie and a couple other liberal cities, Wyoming is very pro-2A. Wyoming legislators have submitted reciprocal carry laws every year since I moved to Cheyenne. But the powerful Democratic senators from Cheyenne, Laramie and Casper keep blocking it from passing.

If a states drivers licence is valid in all 50 states, why should not a CC licence be? A drivers licence is far far easier to obtain
In CO you can take an online handgun safety course for free, then apply to your sheriff for CCW. Here it is vastly easier and cheaper to get CCW than a DL.
Colorado Online Gun Safety Class

Please note: In the state of Colorado, our gun safety course Introduction to Handgun Safety will not qualify you to apply for a concealed carry permit. Yet many Colorado residents do use the course to obtain a non-resident permit from Virginia for CCW reciprocity reasons. This course is also accepted by the courts in many states and municipalities as evidence of firearms training.

Free Gun Safety Course

Whether you are a new shooter, or just want to brush up on the fundamentals, gun safety is more important than ever in America. From protecting loved ones to maintaining traditions of hunting and recreational shooting, we want to do our part to reduce accidental injury from firearms. So we offer our class Introduction to Handgun Safety completely free of charge to anyone who is interested, from individuals to college classes to hunt clubs. Every year American Firearms Training gives away almost 5000 free gun safety classes.

About the Class

The class takes 90 minutes to complete and includes short quizzes and an exam to help you make the most of the material. Introduction to Handgun Safety is taught by a State Certified Law Enforcement Instructor with decades of training and competition experience. The course was filmed in a professional video production studio, and we think you'll agree that it's time well spent toward keeping everyone safer. The class is free, so go ahead and give it a try!

In CO you can take an online handgun safety course for free, then apply to your sheriff for CCW. Here it is vastly easier and cheaper to get CCW than a DL.
Colorado Online Gun Safety Class

Please note: In the state of Colorado, our gun safety course Introduction to Handgun Safety will not qualify you to apply for a concealed carry permit. Yet many Colorado residents do use the course to obtain a non-resident permit from Virginia for CCW reciprocity reasons. This course is also accepted by the courts in many states and municipalities as evidence of firearms training.

Free Gun Safety Course

Whether you are a new shooter, or just want to brush up on the fundamentals, gun safety is more important than ever in America. From protecting loved ones to maintaining traditions of hunting and recreational shooting, we want to do our part to reduce accidental injury from firearms. So we offer our class Introduction to Handgun Safety completely free of charge to anyone who is interested, from individuals to college classes to hunt clubs. Every year American Firearms Training gives away almost 5000 free gun safety classes.

About the Class

The class takes 90 minutes to complete and includes short quizzes and an exam to help you make the most of the material. Introduction to Handgun Safety is taught by a State Certified Law Enforcement Instructor with decades of training and competition experience. The course was filmed in a professional video production studio, and we think you'll agree that it's time well spent toward keeping everyone safer. The class is free, so go ahead and give it a try!
You can't generalize the whole state, some counties aren't as easy/quick as others. And I'm not sure I agree about the DL, some folks driving shouldn't have one. And once they have it, just renew by mail...

I have a CC permit in my home state of New York, and I also have a NR CC permit in Pennsylvania as well. The county that I live in has reciprocity with an adjoining county in PA which is nice.

I would be all for a national CC permit but I am not too optimistic this will ever come to fruition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back