Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

People are funny

grizzly63

My brother is a locksmith and had the opportunity to open a safe for a deceased mans family. He had to destroy the mechanism to open the container. The family had already purchased a replacement safe to transfer the guns into. She decided to give the old safe to my brother. He asked her what she was going to do with the guns. She asked him if he wanted to buy the black powder rifle. She had pellets and powder for it. He let her know he would tell me about it as I may be interested. They arranged a time to pick up the old safe. He mentioned to her that I would be along to help and would be interested in the Black Powder gun. Before we had got there she told him that she looked it up and it sells for $600 new so she would take no less than $450 for it. I lost interest immediately but thought I would at least humor the lady. We had no more than got the safe out to my truck to load it and she was asking about me looking at the Black Powder gun. I informed i wasn't too interested in buying it but would like to see it. Her husband had it laying in the hatch area of a SUV. When i looked in the back I asked where the black powder gun was. Thats a black powder gun, she said. Laying before me was an SKS with an attached Knife bayonet. "Thats an assault rifle !" " Its a black powder gun." "No, its an SKS". "Whats an SKS"."Its a Chinese made assault rifle" . "I dont understand" she said. An AK47 is a fully automatic assault rifle, the SKS is a semi automatic rifle. Oh, we are going to have to do some research, the husband said. What's the deal with the barrel my brother asked. There was a rem 870 barrel laying by the gun. Oh that goes on the end of this gun she said. No, we informed her of what it was. I let the lady know I was interested in seeing her other guns sometime and I could at least inform her of what she had and give her some name of reputable and decent people to offer them to. It was obvious they did not shoot or hunt or knew much of anything about them, but they did seem to be good people.

What the heck did s/he look up to find a price point that resulted in the description of a muzzleloader? Hah! Wow.

I suppose any rifle *could* be a blackpowder rifle, if you tried hard enough? Now pondering how I could slip an FFg loaded shell into my buddy's .270 before his next trip.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back