Penn Reels?

ShaneFl'06

As anyone ever used the Penn Power Graph reels? I know the Penn SS reels(black and gold)are very good reels.I am a die hard Shimano user for fresh water and even use those cheap FX,AX and TX reels for moderate Salt water fishing and have never had a problem.I got a real good deal on an outfit yesterday that I could not pass up(wife said I could)I got a 7ft Med Action Ugly stick and a Penn Power Graph 6000 reel.The rod is a more of a heavy rod for salt water.What should I expect from a these Penn reels?

[This message has been edited by ShaneFl'06 (edited 03-06-2001).]

You should expect to pay alot!

(P.S.: Oscar..... you need to shut-off the censor feature for the board. The damn thing is editing s-a-l-t-w-a-t-e-r because it reads the word 'tw_t' in the middle. Slight overkill, I'd say).
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

Shane,
very good reels for sure! have you ever tried the pawn shop on the corner of park ave. & 441 ???? ive gotten some really good deals on rods and reels in there,its amazing how many new rods & reels show-up in there!!! i think is has something to do with that aprt of town! gotta be quick though, a buddy turned me on to the idea and hes usually beats me to them! good luck!!

------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

DKO yes I have been in there but have not got any deals as of yet.I picked up the combo for $100,normaly it would be around $140.I plan on useing it for Tarpon and big Snook this summer.

If you want deals hit Kmart.I got $200 worth of rods and reels for a $40 one day.Blemish rods,reels with no boxes and great rods inthe rod riot box that should not be there.

BTW did you read up on that article about Mosquito Lagoon?

Shane, no i dint see it !!!! ive been out-of-town and havent quite caught-up yet!!!! was it good or bad ????? well any article cant be to good for the place!!! its popular enough!

did you get a chance to go fishing for reds and trout ?????? Jason, said something about a thirty foot boat and dolphin, so we need to hook up and hit the water!!!!

------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

[This message has been edited by DKO (edited 03-06-2001).]

Thirty foot boat and Dolphin means beer,waves and watching Shane get sick,I am all for it.We need to get together for some fishing here soon.

No I did not get to go for trout and reds,there weather did was not good for canoeing,too windy.Went over for a little shrimping and go a few gallons.

About the lagoon story.there is a group pushing legislation to make the lagoon south of Hualover canal a Manatee sancturary.That means no human contacted will be allowed on the water.No fishing,no boating no nothing.Even some of the FWC say that the area is being over fished,NOT!!! Fishing has been this good in 20 years.The problem is that the commercial fisherman and shrimpers are not obeying the laws and the Marine Patrol is not enforcing the laws.

[This message has been edited by ShaneFl'06 (edited 03-06-2001).]

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back