Yeti GOBOX Collection

PDX Vandal/Introduction

morley.tyler

Hey guys-
I've been a member here for a number of years, but I've come to realize I have never made a formal introduction to the greater group.
I had the great fortune to grow up in North Idaho (If you call it northern Idaho, you'll immediately be recognized as an infiltrator)... I grew up in a family who's every bit of vacation and free time revolved around the outdoors, our activities were just dictated by the season. Spring was for fishing (usually trolling on Lake Pend Oreille), summer was for camping and water skiing, but we all waited for fall... We happened to live in the best whitetail area in the Panhandle and took full advantage! I had the great luck of learning to hunt on the heels of a man who loved the woods and taught me everything he could (as the now parent of two boys, I'm stunned by the patience he had), as we still hunted the dark timber in November. We also regularly chased elk, bear, ducks and upland birds (down on the Palouse).
Since college (Go Vandals)- I've not lived in Idaho, a few years in SoCal - trying to reverse the migration trend by 1 - and have lived in Portland for 15+ years. I'm lucky enough to still hunt Idaho every year, always for deer and time-dependent for elk, bear (by accident), and birds. I've also had the opportunity to travel and hunt a few other states.
I've enjoyed my time on this forum and hope that I can contribute from time to time.

I suppose saying welcome to the forum isn't exactly the appropriate response here.

I live down at the other end of Oregon and have hunted "northern" Idaho for the last 10 years. Love it over there. A few years back my grandpa contributed to the trend and moved to Kamiah.

What kind of Oregon hunting do you do?

Welcome to the forum officially? Or maybe happy to reply to your introduction is more appropriate?

From a fellow PDXer, welcome. I've hunted North Idaho since the late 80's. You did grow up in an amazing place. I've often wanted to move there. Portland is getting a little too crazy for my liking...

I suppose saying welcome to the forum isn't exactly the appropriate response here.

I live down at the other end of Oregon and have hunted "northern" Idaho for the last 10 years. Love it over there. A few years back my grandpa contributed to the trend and moved to Kamiah.

What kind of Oregon hunting do you do?

Welcome to the forum officially? Or maybe happy to reply to your introduction is more appropriate?
I've only ever hunted birds in Oregon. Roosters and Ducks. Oregon has piss poor game management and seasons. As such, I find that, for my dollar, and more importantly, my time, Idaho is a better spend.

Ha, I totally thought you were a person from my hometown for a long time. White Salmon, WA

Just the same name I guess

That's funny. If I'd have studied, I wouldn't have been there for a f@cking decade.

My degrees are in Political Science, History and education. I'm a recovering teacher.
Yeah, Moscow can be hell on ambition. I lived there 1967-92 and knew plenty of 'super-seniors.'

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back