MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

part four......The end of our chicken trip.

Daniel in Ak

Well we ended the day trolling for Salmon and I actually caught the biggest halibut of the day trolling.And on the first cast of the day for trolling....it's gonna be a good day for that.
Danielshalibut.jpg

Before the Captain could get anyone else kooked up,I re-baited and on the 2nd cast here's my King for the day.Not to shabby.
Danielsoceanking2.jpg

Then the wife hooked up next with her biggest King ever.
Serenasoceanking.jpg

After that it dried up quick so we headed in...
I flew my dad up for a father's day present so here we our with our fish,minus five,as two went to another fella on the boat and the deck hand and Capt kept three fish.
NinilchikCharter.jpg

And here is a close up of the days take.Some chickens and a few roosters :) to boot.The four fish from the left skip one and the mext are not ours.And my slamon was 44 pounds,the left one.The wife's was 42 pounds,48 1/4"s long with a 28" inch girth,one fat hen.She's still mad that I caught the biggest salmon last year.
ninilchikcharters.jpg

Well I hope ya'll enjoyed our little trip? And for those that saw the pictures before sorry.

Erik,

Tell me about this charter service. I checked out their website and they look REAL reasonable with a package deal. Lodging included! When would you say is the best time to go and what did you think of this outfit?

Thanks!

John I think you mean Daniel but I've fished Deep Creek quite a bit too. May through July will put Kings and Halibut in the water together. The kings are cruising off the beach and the halibut come in pretty shallow to load up on salmon carcasses being flushed out at the creek mouths.

Generally, Mid to late May

The best bet is to look up the tide tables for Alaska and look at Ninilichik or Deep Creek or Kenai or lower Cook Inlet (depending on how detailed the table is broken down) Flood Tides are halibut tides, Minus tides are clam digging tides. You can fish any tide but depending where you're fishing at the moment the tide rip can be so strong you cannot get your weight to the bottom. Flood tides usually mean a long slack tide period which lets you get deep with less weight.

Good Luck

wow only big fish like that i seen was on tv i think wow wonder if they big here hmm :eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Djulson
Back