Parking Lot Mushrooms

You bet! (I figured the morels were the items of interest, so didn’t include the rest of the info last night.)

For the elk/morel portion, my daughter helped me pound flat the last of my 2019 cow with a mallet until it was about 1/4” thick. Then we rubbed it with salt, pepper, and flour. I cooked that in hot butter for about a minute and a half on each side.

View attachment 182711

The morels I just sliced into big chunks and also cooked with butter, salt, and pepper.

View attachment 182713

The pasta is my daughter’s favorite meal: Italian sausage, garlic, bell & poblano peppers, asparagus, and spinach over rotini. Usually with a goodly portion of Parmesan and red pepper flakes. I cook the sausage up first, then set aside (elk sausage is best but that’s been gone from my house for months.) In the same pan, I cook the onion and peppers pretty hot with some olive oil. When those start to get a little brown on the edges, I added the asparagus, garlic, and salt and pepper. Cook for another 8 minutes or so while the pasta boils. I like my pasta pretty al dente. Right before the pasta is finished cooking I throw the spinach in with the veggies, as well as the sausage. Rinse the pasta in cold water and drain, then I toss the whole concoction together.
Thank you, sounds delicious!

Wash them and eat away. My only suggestion. Anything they were exposed to other than possible pesticides which I doubt this time of the year would wash off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back