Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Painful Choices (that will likely never happen)

Bullshot

So say you applied for your multiple state dream hunts like a lot of people do but this time you hit the all time mega-lottery - drawing everything you put in for. But you can only take one or two weeks off from your job. (Play along and don't say QUIT!) What hunt or maybe two hunts would you keep knowing you had to burn the rest of your tags? Or maybe rank these from high to low. I'll keep it a bit general so as not to name specific numbered units. I hope nobody ever has to make one of these choices!

A) NM Q/HD Elk
B) UT High Pt LE Unit Elk
C) CO High Pt LE Unit Elk
D) WY High Pt LE Unit Elk
E) Moose Tag (anywhere)
F) Sheep Tag (anywhere)
G) Idaho Low odds LE Elk
H) MT Low odds LE Elk
I) A top antelope tag in any state.
J) A top deer tag in any state.
K) AZ Elk

Last edited:
Sheep and moose.
For those of you like Werty with these as the 1 & 2, which after thinking over the choices I gave might be end up being most, what then would be the #3? I suppose it's more likely to draw conflicting elk/deer/antelope tags after all then to pull off a double with sheep and moose - though I'll bet there are a couple people on this forum who have actually done that too.

1st Sheep (Montana)
2nd Moose (Idaho)
3rd UT High Pt LE Unit Elk

A sheep tag trumps everything. Though I will say, a sheep tag in competition with a great mule deer tag might cause me to consider that employment option you said was off limits.

#1 Sheep (New Mexico or Colorado)
#2 Moose (Idaho or Colorado)
#3 New Mexico Q/HD elk tag(Valle Vidal muzzleloader tag)

As much time as needed for sheep. If there’s any left, moose.
f the others. You can hunt deer, elk and antelope every year.

Also, remember to buy point guard in AZ, so you won’t actually have to make those tough decisions here. You can just turn the elk tag back.

On a serious note... man it would be nice to actually be in a situation to have to make hard choices like this. Having too many premium draw tags at the same time has never been an issue, unfortunately.

After spending all that time in the unlimited units, you would take the easy way out on a draw tag? ;)
There’s some draw tags out there that require some work.
It would be a cool experience to go sheep hunting and see sheep, I think.

there’s some Idaho or Wyoming tags I’d love to have. Or an AZ Desert bighorn tag, but that’s dreaming real big.

Sheep tag
Moose in any lower 48

Everything else I can make happen with some money and planning

So say you applied for your multiple state dream hunts like a lot of people do but this time you hit the all time mega-lottery - drawing everything you put in for. But you can only take one or two weeks off from your job. (Play along and don't say QUIT!) What hunt or maybe two hunts would you keep knowing you had to burn the rest of your tags? Or maybe rank these from high to low. I'll keep it a bit general so as not to name specific numbered units. I hope nobody ever has to make one of these choices!

A) NM Q/HD Elk
B) UT High Pt LE Unit Elk
C) CO High Pt LE Unit Elk
D) WY High Pt LE Unit Elk
E) Moose Tag (anywhere)
F) Sheep Tag (anywhere)
G) Idaho Low odds LE Elk
H) MT Low odds LE Elk
I) A top antelope tag in any state.
J) A top deer tag in any state.
K) AZ Elk
You forgot to put Mountain goat into the equation...but for me Sheep is the only animal left that I would to get.

Back