Caribou Gear Tarp

packable down jackets options?

I have an Arcteryx Thorium and a Cerium, both bought on sale. Worn under water/wind shells they're each toasty when needed. Worn under KLIM gore fabric on the bike is just right when the temp drops and precip is threatening. They pack small.

Yep....Costco. I have one in each pack I use. I am cheap and I think they work great for my use.

Mammut Rime Pro. It's one of my favorite pieces of gear. The Rime Pro is popular with a lot of alpine climbing guides but Mammut no longer makes them so they're getting hard to find. Depending on your size, there are some really good deals out there.

You can't ask for anything lighter than the kuiu superdown jackets or vests IMHO, the 2017 are said to be even lighter. They feel like you are wearing nothing but super warm . I hope this helps also great customer service if you ever have a problem.

Not a costco job but got one from wal mart online. Did the trick for me, but then again it should be based on how much you will use it

You can't ask for anything lighter than the kuiu superdown jackets or vests IMHO, the 2017 are said to be even lighter. They feel like you are wearing nothing but super warm . I hope this helps also great customer service if you ever have a problem.
I'm not saying they're not great, I have no idea, but there are many jackets on the market that have as much (or more) fill for the same (or less) weight. If it's gotta be camo then maybe that's true.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back