Caribou Gear Tarp

PA Elk Application

Gunner46

NOT that I really want any more competition, for a tag, than is already going to happen, but PA is taking applications for the 2015 season starting today.

Good Luck, if you take the wild shot with the rest of us.

Attachments

• 523319fa51742_image.jpg
    523319fa51742_image.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 519
I'm in for cow. Be nice to draw as my father in law lives in PA elk country.

We have friends that live there. My dad went up shed hunting a few times. If I ever draw, we have several private land connections up there that would be really nice to have!

I'm a Pa. resident and have been putting in for the last 4 years for bull only, I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will happen sooner than later. Good luck to all that apply!

Gunner,
How many points do you currently have? What do you put in for bull only or either? I have only been doing for bull only.

This year my chances go all the way from 1 in 300 to 2 in 300! Either sex, the odds are too slim to get picky.

You guys have a source for draw odds? I've looked but can't find anything.

Better than the odds of finding a rich redhead nympho, with a 1000 acres, boat, likes men with 5 days stubble, and makes her own beer......

Last edited:
I have put in for PA drawing every yr since it started..
Someday maybe I will get pulled.. Bunch of points

Pennsylvania doesn't use a true preference point system like most western states. Every year you don't draw, is one more time your name will be entered the next year. I've been applying every year since it started. This year, my name should be in the drawing about 12 times. 30,000 applicants for 40 tags isn't good odds. I figure its just a yearly donation to the Game Commission.

Do they have a preference point only option, or is it all draw with a point if unsuccessful?

I remember seeing a pref point option. Just apply for the licence. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity. I have 10 PP and know someone personally that drew. It can happen.

Dreaming of hunting these giants up north but not holding my breathe. Donation made! Good huntin' and luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back