Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

PA Elk 2023

I'd like to think I'll draw a PA bull tag before I die of old age. However the odds aren't in my favor.

Like the lottery, someone has to win though. I know half a dozen friends or acquaintances that have drawn cow tags, but only one has drawn a bull tag.

I gave them money for 30 years. I won't give them another dime.

After an overzealous Crawford County game warden snuck up on me, after dark, on my own property, and came jumping out at me scaring the dog $hit out of me, while I was gutting my legally killed and tagged buck, and I almost cut my own hand off with my knife, I decided that I wouldn't pay for his salary anymore.

True story.

I take pride in the fact that it was 25 degrees outside, he was wearing penny loafers, and he was wet to his knees because he had to cross 2 creeks that are too wide to jump to sneak up on me......

After an overzealous Crawford County game warden snuck up on me, after dark, on my own property, and came jumping out at me scaring the dog $hit out of me, while I was gutting my legally killed and tagged buck, and I almost cut my own hand off with my knife, I decided that I wouldn't pay for his salary anymore.

True story.

I take pride in the fact that it was 25 degrees outside, he was wearing penny loafers, and he was wet to his knees because he had to cross 2 creeks that are too wide to jump to sneak up on me......
I think the warden should be the one taking pride in that action. True dedication.

I usually apply. One thing I haven't been able to wrap my head around if I ever did draw... doesn't PA make you check the thing in whole? How on earth is that feasible?

It’s legal to pack them out in pa

Attachments

• 4C690725-883C-46FA-AA43-FE29ABEB82E2.jpeg
    4C690725-883C-46FA-AA43-FE29ABEB82E2.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
There’s a guy up there who has a team of draft horses who drags them out whole for peanuts. He took my friends bull out last year. He enjoys being a part of the adventure and is a straight up good guy from everything I have been told.
Yeah it’s a big deal up there at the check station to all the sightseers as I’m sure you are aware of To see them brought out in one piece.
post # 44 thought it was the law. If as usual I don’t draw and can get away I try to go up for the day. if you’re up this year maybe we’ll get an elk burger at the diner in town. BTW I drew a bull tag in 2002 which was the second year of the hunts.

True story.

Interesting case in clearfield county now. Wardens kept coming onto private ground and the clubs filed a law suit. It will probably end up going all the way up through the courts. It’s been a problem in PA for years. A game warden did this a few years back at night on private ground where people were fox hunting and ended getting shot.

The link if you want to read about it.

Yeah it’s a big deal up there at the check station to all the sightseers as I’m sure you are aware of To see them brought out in one piece.
post # 44 thought it was the law. If as usual I don’t draw and can get away I try to go up for the day. if you’re up this year maybe we’ll get an elk burger at the diner in town. BTW I drew a bull tag in 2002 which was the second year of the hunts.
Sounds good to me. I work up there at least a day or 2 every couple of weeks so if you ever stop in the area and can give me a heads up I’d definitely meet for a burger!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back