Caribou Gear Tarp

Pa bear

farmerboy1381

I know we have a few PA guys on here, I haven’t searched the regs to hard yet and will before I shoot. But nobody I have talked to really knows, bear opens for muzzleloader October 19-26. Can you shoot one with a bow during that time period as well or does it have to be with a muzzloader? I know during the general firearms season you can use a bow but to the best of my knowledge this is the first time PA has had a muzzy season that does not run concurrent with archery.

From my reading of the regs the answer is NO you cannot use archery during the muzzleloader season.
If you read the section on lawful weapons for the regular bear season it lists firearms, muzzleloaders, and archery.
Under the muzzleloader season lawful weapons section it only lists muzzleloaders.

The 2 week archery bear season starts following the muzzleloader bear season in october. So , nope...smoke stick first, then stick n string for bruins. The muzzle loader week is also for antlerless deer, it also includes a few days of senior and junior regular firearms antlerless deer.
All jammed into the middle of Archery season.

I know we have a few PA guys on here, I haven’t searched the regs to hard yet and will before I shoot. But nobody I have talked to really knows, bear opens for muzzleloader October 19-26. Can you shoot one with a bow during that time period as well or does it have to be with a muzzloader? I know during the general firearms season you can use a bow but to the best of my knowledge this is the first time PA has had a muzzy season that does not run concurrent with archery.
NO you cannot shoot a bear with your bow during muzzleloader with the regs written as they are currently.

The October antlerless deer and bear muzzleloader seasons allow you to use an inline or a flintlock. The after christmas deer season is flintlock only

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back