PEAX Equipment

Ovis, you out there?

lilbiggun

Jim, you wouldnt believe what came over the news tonight. Channel 11 (KTVu) ran a story of the famous hitchenbrook bear. they said you guys were hiking, were charged and shot the 13 ft bear in self defense. they also said that your buddy couldnt keep the bear (because of DLP) and that its gonna be lifesized and put in the airport to warn people of the bears up here.

How many times is this story gonna change?

just thought you should know.

That is too funny LBG,

Interesting enough, Ted, the other guy on the hunt, is back in Alaska living down the road from you in Wasilla. In fact, he has posted here a few times...user name Nightwolf. He recently contacted me with news of a National Geographic televised interview. I guess they are coming to see him next month. You'd think eventually this entire thing would be debunked.

I forgot Ted's name. Is he on Elmendorf? Tammy had a few people come in today that wanted to see the bear cuz she usually takes care of the DLP bears for fins and feathers. She tried to explain what really happened but people are morons and take the news as gospal.

hey

Jim
A Co worker here recorded the show for me. I was going to call in and see if they ever planned on trying to get the FACTS and maybe try getting a hold of one of us. The way i figure it, if national geographic can find me then the channel 11 news should be able to, especially when i'm living in the freaking state!! The national geographic people also said that that guy from the forest service is always getting calls about the bear all the way from Uzbekistan even!!

Hey Nightwolf,

I'm no news crew but I'd sure like to know what really happened. If you don't mind, I don't want to be out of line though.

--Bill

Hey Ted, did you get it rugged? or is it going in the airport as a lifesize:confused: Thats what the news said:D

I'm sure Jim told me what you had done but I forgot. Hell, I cant even keep its size straight. I think the size changes every month on the internet.

The bear squared 10.5 he was 11 feet between the front paws and 10 feet nose to tall. So you could guess that if he stood up he could be 12ft tall standing.. Maybe.. his skull was 28 14/16s gives him a astrisks rank of 145 largest bear recorded by B&C. I have to have it remeasured 2 more times for a perminit place in the books. I will get that done now that i'm not leaving on an AEF.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back