Yeti GOBOX Collection

Oversized Ballistic Rangefinders

OREGONCODY

Anyone else using a big ‘ol ballistic range finder and not sure how to carry it? I have the Gunwerks G7 and it doesn’t even come close to fitting in a standard range finder attachment for any bino harnes that I’ve seen. I tried attaching to the hip belt on my pack, but it wasn’t as accessible as I’d like it to be when I took my pack off to glass. Right now I’m thinking about trying one of the Hill People Gear chest kits and putting the range finder in there and their bino pouch on the outside of that. Any suggestions?

You could upgrade to the Revic scope and leave the rangefinder at home. Lol
Serious money, as well as serious weight!
When i saw one the other year, thing was stupid heavy!
Told the guy straight up, cut the weight in half and it's a winner.

Give the guys at Gunwerks a call and ask them how they do it!

If the rifle didn’t weigh almost 14 pounds as it currently sits now, I might consider it! The thing is a hog but it’s well sorted out, a good shooter, and I’m still young enough to carry it, but I don’t think it needs to be any heavier!

A G7 and a 14 pound rifle? Time to downsize. Even if you are afflicted with the LR thing. mtmuley
Maybe one day, but for now I’m gonna stick with it and cut weight in other areas. I’m not really into long range hunting, but I have a ton of confidence in this rifle out to 400-500 yards depending on conditions. Until I decide to move to a new setup, it’s just another motivational tool to keep in shape through the offseason.

I run the strap of my Alaskan guide creation bino harness through one of these cheap leupold cases and carry my G7 in it. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1018306793
View attachment 119127

FHF also makes a case for them but they are sold out
I see a couple different sizes on the line you provided, what size are you using? And does it interfere with the straps on your pack at all? That’s solution seems pretty good though, that case you linked seems a lot less bulky than the one that comes with the G7.

I see a couple different sizes on the line you provided, what size are you using? And does it interfere with the straps on your pack at all? That’s solution seems pretty good though, that case you linked seems a lot less bulky than the one that comes with the G7.
I can’t remember which one I got. If you select size on midway it gives dimensions. I’d measure the g7 and buy the right size one. No interference with the straps on my pack. I run chest strap under binocular harness strap and waist strap is a lot lower

Back