MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Over the counter archery tags?

Mountain Boomer

Can you get over the counter archery tags for elk in CO or WY?

I didn't know if I was going to be able to go, so I didn't send in for any of the draws. If I can get a tag look out, here comes a Hillbilly...
redface.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-05-2003 15:14: Message edited by: Mountain Boomer ]</font>

MB,
It's not to late to apply for a limited archery tag for Colorado. I believe all apps have to be in by April 1st. And I'm not 100% ceratin but, you may even be able to get a leftover Archery Tag in Wy. Check the Wy website.

ElkhntinMD

You may have a chance at the leftover tags whic are not available right now. Keep checking the page linked below for when and where. Once you get a tag, then you would need to buy an archery stamp for $20. Then the tag would be good for archery or gun. Hope this is of help for you.

http://gf.state.wy.us/HTML/afs/leftoverlic.htm
--- Leftover Licenses ---

Links to leftover license lists by species and area follow below. You are strongly urged to obtain permission to hunt prior to purchasing a license.
You may call and request a leftover license application after the drawing at (307) 777-4600 or you may access the application from the Hunting page.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All applications are processed in the same manner, whether hand delivered to the Cheyenne office or submitted through the mail.

Residents may submit personal checks with applications; nonresidents must submit cashier checks or money orders for leftover licenses. WE DO NOT ACCEPT TWO PARTY CHECKS, including refund checks.

Leftover lists change frequently as licenses are issued. The enclosed information does not take into account applications that have been processed since the posted lists were last updated.

PLEASE NOTE: THE MAJORITY OF REMAINING ELK, ANTELOPE AND DEER LICENSES ARE FOR HUNT AREAS IN WHICH IT MAY BE DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN ACCESS.
You are strongly urged to obtain permission to hunt prior to purchasing a license.

Some of these tables are quite large. Please be patient as they load.
These links will be activated when a Leftover List is available and updated as information is provided. The links will be deactivated when all seasons for the specie are closed.

Go to the Leftover Turkey License List - All Seasons Closed.
Go to the Leftover Antelope License List - All Seasons Closed.
Go to the Leftover Deer License List - All Seasons Closed.
Go to the Leftover Elk License List

Thanks Guys! I sure appreciate the information. I ordered the CO brochures and applications. It looks like the WY tags are gone. The link had been deactivated.

I've never been out west and plan on going this fall. Do you have any suggestions where a decent public land spot would be?

I plan on bringing my mule and horses and packing in. If I remember right, somebody made a website dedicated to packing in on horses. Do you have the link anywhere?

I hope you guys don't get tired of my dumb questions but, I am going to need alot of help....
rolleyes.gif

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back