Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Out West hunting partner wanted.

Thanks to everyone for checking out my posts and for the encouragement...it has been fun to stay connected.

It's day 5 and this is why I have been looking for a hunting partner. These adventures were meant to make memories and spend time with brothers. Hunting alone is only slightly better than kissing your sister. Loneliness is starting to creep in.

For all of you heading out soon...cherish these blessings with your family and friends! For that guy who wants to join me next year...let's talk sooner rather than later.

I am so lucky to be out here in the wilderness. Now, where is that damn elk?

Attachments

• 20210906_071655.jpg
    20210906_071655.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
Thanks to everyone for checking out my posts and for the encouragement...it has been fun to stay connected.

It's day 5 and this is why I have been looking for a hunting partner. These adventures were meant to make memories and spend time with brothers. Hunting alone is only slightly better than kissing your sister. Loneliness is starting to creep in.

For all of you heading out soon...cherish these blessings with your family and friends! For that guy who wants to join me next year...let's talk sooner rather than later.

I am so lucky to be out here in the wilderness. Now, where is that damn elk?
Good luck go find the herd! Hunting with the right group definitely is key! Heading out that way in 11 days and can’t wait!

November 10-14 my boy and I are flying back to hunt whitetails on my family property between Hinkley and Moose Lake. He shot his first deer last year at age 11.

Attachments

• 20201017_194231.jpg
    20201017_194231.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 14
I got into my area at 6:10 this morning. Just checked my trail cams and another hunter walked by at 5:21!

Attachments

• 20210906_093537.jpg
    20210906_093537.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 31
I can't figure out where he came in from? Based on direction of travel he must have gotten an early start. I will have to check out some maps to figure out what road he came in off of?
This camera is .43 miles from my camp through nasty blow down and up a steep ridge. Maybe I can investigate a different way up the mountain next summer.

Everything is a choice and every choice has a consequence!
I have a spot designated for morning hunting. I hunted there Friday morning and I hunted there Sunday morning and I was getting concerned that I might burn out that spot. I decided to go somewhere else this morning with the plan of letting that spot calm down.
On my way in this evening, I swung by to check my cam. A super nice bull had walked by at 7:12 this morning while I was somewhere else! I am absolutely sick to my stomach!!
I'm not playing this cat and mouse game anymore. I am hunting every morning at my morning spot come hell or high water. I can't keep guessing wrong!
Try again tomorrow. PEACE

Attachments

• 20210906_200008.jpg
    20210906_200008.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 33
Welcome! I don't think this request is weird at all. Think it's awesome. I'm currently in UT, hunt my home state of NV and hunt both of those states with family and friends often but as I've ventured off into CO, ID and WY each year having a colleague wanting to get into the out of state hunting like I do is hard to find.

Just went in for lunch. On the way out I busted an animal out of its afternoon bedding area. Never did see it but it sure was loud. All set up for a long evening of hunting. I just hope that guy doesn't walk thru our secret spot!

This tree is destroyed over 7' high and then snapped in half. Fresh wood shavings on the ground. Definitely recent.

Attachments

• 20210907_134558.jpg
    20210907_134558.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 11
Just had 2 mule deer bucks in front of me for 20 minutes. At one point they were both 9 yds away!! A spike and a fork.....both in velvet. I was at full draw twice before I realized they were the wrong color brown. Can you see him?

Attachments

• 20210907_150711.jpg
    20210907_150711.jpg
    681.8 KB · Views: 18
This seems a little weird like I’m looking on a dating site but.... I’m 38 with 3 boys and have hunted for about 20 years now. I hunt everything and am really looking for people I can hunt with. I enjoy the company and don’t want to hire guides all the time. I love to learn to be able to teach my boys someday. Reply here or PM me. Thanks and cheers!
Good luck on your search. I would also like to find a hunting partner but no way could I keep up with a young guy. Retired partner is what I need.

It happened again! Not only did I miss a bull because I was at the wrong location yesterday morning at 7:12.....but as it turn out.....I also missed a bull because I was at the wrong location at 6:06 last night. No more moving around!!

Attachments

• 20210907_191151.jpg
    20210907_191151.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 19
Day 7 - I had a date with destiny at 7:12 this morning but my date never showed up. I feel like the guy in the back booth at Applebee's with 2 glasses of water in front of him. After his third refill it dawns on him that maybe she isn't coming!
Last night w a s the coldest so far. Definitely used more heating fuel. Sun is just coming up over the trees. Feeling optimistic!
By the way, today is my 31st wedding anniversary. Man my wife is a lucky lady!!

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back