Out of here at 5 AM

Calif. Hunter

The truck is packed and Moe will be here at 4:30 AM. We'll leave here at 5 AM and pick up Mike in Apple Valley and then off to Datil - about an 11 or 12 hour drive. I'm wondering why I am bothering to go to bed... well, besides telling my wife good-bye. ;)

The season starts on Saturday - we'll have a couple of days to see if the hot spots are still hot before opening morning.

Talk to you all in a week or ten days....

Moosie

Grand poopa
Rick bud, Best of luck to you !!!!! Now remember, take extra butt paper and don't recycle it ;)

Since I';m not hunting right now I'm sending you all my luck !!!!! (Not like you'll ned it though).

Be safe !!

Tom

Good luck Cali!

Anybody here if they got one yet? I hope so. He'll probably get the #2 straw this year, miss, then the #3 guy will get it. What a story that was last year.

Calif. Hunter

I'm back - I couldn't close the deal on the 340 to 370 class bulls I saw - they did not get that big by being stupid - but I did get a 6x6. Moe "broke his elk cherry" with a nice 5x5 - an offhand shot at 150 yards through the heart with a muzzleloader. The bull jumped like a heart-shot whitetail and ran about 40 yards before piling up.

Pictures and a detailed story later.