OT: Truck seat covers

pointingdogsrule

Looking for new seat covers for my F-150. I have bought in the past and they all seem to be crap. Thin and not worth the money.

I would rather pay more $ for quality seat covers. Just tired of poor quality. Second a seat cover that doesn't slide off every time your BUTT slides across it. I have seen Carharrt seat covers that look thick.

If I didn't have a flip down center console I would just put a moving blanket across the seat (which works really well for the back seat).

THANKS, and any suggestions are welcome.

Good luck to all
the dog

Last edited:
DELETED portion of comment. I haven't ordered a set from Marathon yet but it's going to happen soon

EDIT: Turns out I was wrong. Big Fin uses Headwaters Seat Covers

Last edited:
Marathon seat covers are supposed to be the best. Always wanted to buy some myself, but couldn't jusify the price. There not cheap but they seam to be very high qaulity. Also on one of Randys videos he mentions a company that makes his. I can't remember the video or brand. Maybe someone else will chime in and help me with that.

I have had marathons on my Ram since new in 13. Love them!!! I put them on and never had to adjust them or come loose. I usually take them of off once a year and put them in the washing machine. They paid for them selves the fist fall I had them. I jumped into the truck after a pack out no realizing my rear was covered in blood. Not a great scene when I got out of the truck. Just took some snow and wiped it out then washed them when I got home. I figured they paid for themselves right there.

Headwaters Seat Covers in Three Forks is the other one. We’ve had both (Marathon and Headwaters), both were great- stayed put and very durable cordura options. I think we liked the Headwaters better because they offered more customization options. You can’t really go wrong with either though.

I have Headwaters for my F-150 with the fold down center consolel. They fit super well and look nice. Installation was not too difficult. I did have a Velcro strap tear off when I was installing them. I emailed Headwaters and they were going to send me out a new cover, no questions asked. I decided to hold off and see how it worked without the strap. 8 months later and it hasn’t budged.

My only complaint is that the material is a bit abrasive. It has caused some pilling on the coat sleeve of my right arm that rests on the console. I’ll probably sew on some smoother material before winter. Otherwise, I’m very happy with the covers. I’d definitely order them again.

After watching one of Randy's videos I went ahead and purchased a set of Headwaters brand seat covers for my Tacoma. Box arrived during the week. Haven't put them on yet but seem to be well made. So far I'm happy with the quality. I will post some pics once they're installed.

I have had marathons on my Ram since new in 13. Love them!!! I put them on and never had to adjust them or come loose. I usually take them of off once a year and put them in the washing machine. They paid for them selves the fist fall I had them. I jumped into the truck after a pack out no realizing my rear was covered in blood. Not a great scene when I got out of the truck. Just took some snow and wiped it out then washed them when I got home. I figured they paid for themselves right there.

I've had a set of Marathon seat covers in my '97 Ram for over ten years now. The fit is very good and tight. I have never had to adjust or tighten anything. They have been very durable even with a dog riding in the back seat. Any loose hair from the dog just comes right up with a lint roller.
As someone said they were not cheap but they have more than paid for themselves. Front 2 bucket seats, center console and back seat was almost $400 even that long ago, well worth the price.

I’d also just bought some Jeadwaters for my Tacoma. They take some sweat to get on all the way since they fit so well. The corduroy is a little scratchy at the start but I already notice my seat softening (it’s only been a couple weeks). The websites a little dated, but give them a call. Amazingly helpful on the phone and can line you up with great options (without a hard sales pitch).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back