Orion to Yeti?

Miller is right; we paid them in Monopoly money.

Reality, ORION decided to move from the hunting space for reasons I don't know and didn't ask. They notified those of us in the hunting space of this decision last year. Such is life. Nothing I can do about it, even as their number one promo code redeemer by a huge margin. I am sure they have their business decisions for making this change of course.

I don't have a deal with YETI. They sent me a ton of product to test and use in our content. I've used their product in my episodes I've done for RMEF, as they are the official sponsor of RMEF. Their ad agency has asked for a proposal of what it would take to be in our platforms. Maybe it will become an official relationship, but with all the turmoil in the business world, who knows what any company has as their plans at this time.
I used the “Randy” code today on one of the last 85 quart they had in stock. Marked down to $466 and then $373 using “Randy”. I wasn’t planning on getting another cooler, but that was a hard deal to pass up! Thanks Randy, lol!

Last edited:
The Orions did look like quality (never used one) but the price point? Even among premium coolers was a bit outrageous. A quality, made in America, great performing cooler (that just happens to be made by an IN corporation ;) ) is KONG. CPO has 2 of them and they are great. In addition, they also offer an awesome Vet discount and have some really cool features. Thought I'd throw that out there ........maybe give them a holler @Big Fin :)

I have a grizzly, yeti, and orca. Got a whole animal family of coolers :LOL: Anyways, I like the Orca the best out of them all.

Well, Yeti seems like a company that steps up to the plate for conservation at every term. Looks like it fits perfectly with the ethos of Randy, the show and forum. Glad to see.

I have gotten great deals from "Big Frig" - bullet proof, stay cold, 25-40% cheaper than most of the big name alternatives. Sometimes Optics Planet has them really cheap + free shipping.

Thanks for the "heads up" on the Orion coolers...and at a substantial discount, to boot. I've always wanted a high quality cooler that would double as holding all my Go Bag gear out of sight in the luggage area of my vehicle. Since we live a distance from where we shop for groceries, this will be an additional benefit as well.

Just moved from a Yeti to a Canyon Cooler for my raft setup. Mainly because they have a really smart rafting setup, but also a pro hunting company. Really liking it and the features. Made in the USA, lifetime guarantee.

at the end of the day, whether orion is moving away from the hunting space or not, a great cooler is still a great cooler. they still work awesome for ice retention which means it works great for hunting. i don't care what the company wants to be associated with in image -- I will have their gear loaded up with game meat. lol they can sell me their coolers but they can't control what I put in them

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back