Oregon non-resident difficulties.?

RyanSoNorCal

I plan on visiting my brother in law in Oregon 2020 archery season but am a bit overwhelmed by the rules & regs... Is it even worth attempting getting non-res license &tags on my own or should I just pay outfitter with guaranteed tags available?

Based on the forum you’re posting in, I assume you mean for deer. Completely depends on where you want to hunt. Lots of archery seasons are OTC, even for some pretty decent units. As far as drawing a hunt that takes points, the only way you’re going to bypass that is by securing a landowner preference tag, which you would likely pay handily for, and which would limit you to that landowner’s property. No need for an outfitter to get a tag.

Last edited:
I appreciate the info but that’s where I get confused. Landowner Preference Tag vs. outfitters tag in terms of cost?

I don’t really know anything about outfitter tags. But the point is, there are so many archery deer opportunities that I see no real reason to have to go that route. There are only a few archery hunts in a few select units that even require points, and for those, the price of outfitter or landowner tags would likely be a lot. If you want to pm me to talk specific units, feel free.

if your coming to oregon,,tags are otc for general bow,,just gotta pony up the ore non-res price.you can get them online once you set up a oregon acct w odfw,,i dont think oregon hits there quota for non-res,but you could call and see.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back