Caribou Gear Tarp

Oregon elk

ashersdad

Filled my Oregon elk tag last week. Didn't get the wallhanger I was hoping for, but when this guy gave me a shot, I decided I better not tempt fate.

This is all that was left after the butchering.

It's not often I don't have to pack elk on my back. This was one of those rare times.

Last edited:
Congrats on a great hunt! Looks like you got every piece of meat available! Great job on the butchering.

Thanks guys. Yeah, it was NE Oregon. I decided that since I had the horses, I was going to get every last bit of meat I could.

My wife thought the ribs were pretty cool. She said it made her feel like Wilma Flintstone. :)

never "NOW" like a good time to try them ! good job and that elk is a "lifetime trophy" to many an elk hunter so don't sell it short ! NICE bull !!

(you shooting Bergers by any chance ?)

I think we're going to try smoking the ribs on the Traeger.

Nope, not shooting Bergers. Here is a pic of the Federal Nosler Partition I was using. I was pretty happy with it.

Nice shot placement and great butchering prowess. That bull will provide many a delicious meal until next hunting season arrives. I managed to somehow miss two bulls during my OR rifle elk hunt. Congrats once again!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back