Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Oregon Coast Trail Cam Pics 2015

Joe Hulburt

I thought some of you guys in the mountains might like to see what we have roaming the hills here on the coast. I will try and update this as the season progresses. Right now I am trying to locate a big bear or two to hunt come April 1 but all I had of interest today was this Roosevelt bull. Glad to see he has survived the winter! I got a pic of him last summer and managed to call him in during archery season on accident. I was standing in the middle of the wide open like an idiot and I looked up and he was on a dead run towards me. I tried to act invisible but it didn't work. I clearly remember the kickers off each side as he ran straight away...

Last edited:
Joe,

How much do you think that bull weighs? Those are big old animals for sure.

He looks a little skinny coming out of winter but I bet by August he would be 1,000 lbs.

Here is a pic of the biggest bull I've ever got on came and he is fat and happy. This bull broke his skull (I assume in a fight) and showed up sick in somebody's back yard and died. I lost a lot of sleep hunting him for several years.....they make very few mistakes when they get that old!

I won't post too many old ones but I really like this wallow action. These two young bulls battled for over an hour and one broke a tine before they were done. I had hundreds of pictures of them...

That thing is massive! cool pics fighting in the wallow.

His body is so huge it doesn't do the antlers justice. I held his sheds and they were huge! Given an average spread he scored 355 that year which was his peak. I have pics of me with his sheds from three years in a row. I've never wanted to kill an animal so bad in my life....

Great pics! Thanks for sharing and good luck with the bears.

I'd love to put some out here in PA but already lost $700.00 in treestands. Damn thieves! :mad:

Got out to check a cam after work tonight.Not very good pics but my first bear of 2015 and the earliest in the year I've ever got a pic by 9 days...

A few little Roosevelt bulls....

Today was the first day of bear season and I was sitting watching this meadow exactly 24 hours after this little bear came thru. I would have passed as it looks pretty small but I would have liked to seen it tonight.

A little bull still packing two weeks ago....

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back