Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Order is IN!!

One of the few production rifles that checks a lot of boxes for me. I hate spiral flutes, don’t know why, but I bet that’ll be a great rifle for you!
I dislike spiral flutes too. I had a bartlein 6.5 saum barrel with flutes very similar to the ph2 havaks that just didn’t shoot well. I had 2 300wm Havaks that just didn’t shoot to my satisfaction either and just ponied up to have ts customs put a carbon bartlein on it over sending it back to seekins.

I really like the stock, bottom metal, and mag on them. I’m so so on the action but the new bolt is a huge improvement.

Welp, yesterday I ordered what will probably be the sexiest rifle I may ever own. Sometime in the next several months I will have a Seekins Precision PH2 Desert Shadow with an ATC brake in everyone's favorite.....6.5 CM. I have 3 30 cal platforms as it is so the lil need-more will be my deer and down gun. I have shot most to the available bolt guns on the market (of course excepting customs) and love the Seekins guns (as well as them as a company). I have shot their entire line and don't beleive I have ever had a group above about .6 moa. Add to that the Seekins rewards program (as salesmen we get credit for each sale) making this cost a total of ZERO dollars and it was a no brainer. Selling things you believe in is pretty enjoyable. Here is a pic of what she will look like....

View attachment 246521
Have you shot the Springfield waypoint? Curious how they compare ergonomically.
Or you @Wind Gypsy

Have you shot the Springfield waypoint? Curious how they compare ergonomically.
Or you @Wind Gypsy
We have one in the shop now and have gotten MAYBE 5 since they were released. On the lower volume stuff (ie that and the SA35, anything in .45) we just can't seem to get much from them at all. They are also one of the few manufacturers that have not come to do a range day with us. I will say that the ergonomics seem similar and those I know that have shot them are fans.....but at basically the same price I will always pick the boys from ID.

When you get past the OG tendency to wrap your thumb AROUND the stock and rest it, almost like shaking hands, the swell fits right in there and minimizes torque on your trigger squeeze. At least for me.
I was told that the creator purposely made the palm swell that large so that you’re supposed to keep your thumb on the side of your hand so you don’t jerk the trigger

I was told that the creator purposely made the palm swell that large so that you’re supposed to keep your thumb on the side of your hand so you don’t jerk the trigger

Where thumbs should be regardless of the stock. The palm swell helps support your hand so it can relax and aid in making effortless and consistent straight back trigger presses. I feel like so many people just think about how a stock feels to hold, carry, or shoulder and almost never about how the grip aids in making good trigger presses with your firing hand. I knew i liked certain stocks that fit well in this regard but this article really turned on a lightbulb for me https://www.snipershide.com/precisi...tine-driving-you-mad-get-a-grip-or-build-one/

Excerpt:
Most rifle shooters don’t think much about their firing hand grip. If you’re shooting from a bench or prone with a bipod, you’re not really supporting the rifle with your firing hand. It is easy enough to just position your firing hand such that the pad of your trigger finger lands at 90 degrees on your trigger, so what is the big deal? Turns out there are, in fact, several big deals.

First off, without breaking your shooting position to look, when you put your hand your firing hand on the rifle, where does your trigger finger land and does it always land the same place? This is a big deal because when shooting, your firing hand moves whenever you change positions and also every time you run the bolt. You move it all the time and, often, especially with unfamiliar and different positions, your hand will not land back in the right place. Before molding my own grip, my hand often landed a little off and I needed to readjust my grip to have proper trigger finger position. This is not so with a molded grip. Because the fit is perfect, I feel where I need to go as I slide into position and therefore always end up exactly where I am supposed to go quickly and repeatably.

But, wait – there’s more! How much muscle tension do you have in your firing hand and trigger finger? In positions where you can load the bipod, tripod, or bag, you really shouldn’t have much tension. Certainly, you don’t want tension in those little muscles that hold your hand open or hold your finger back since that causes tremor, fatigue, and inconsistency. I often did have my trigger finger and firing hand unnaturally held off of the rifle stock with tension in these muscles, though. No longer: now my hand is fully and comfortably supported even out to the first knuckle on the trigger finger so that I always press and never mash or curl the trigger.

Finally, what if your shooting position dictates some support from your firing hand in the form of rearward pressure from the non-trigger fingers or partial support of the rifle? With a poor grip, you will now find muscle tension in all different parts of your hand going all different ways trying to hold the rifle in position while holding the trigger finger correctly, all with few actual contact points with the machine. Good luck doing any of that in a controlled and repeatable manner. Mold that hand into the rifle and you will only have tension where you want it. You can even mold an index line into the grip along the center of the rifle if you really want to be sure that you keep the direction of the force you apply in line with the barrel when you are in a position where you pull the rifle into your shoulder.

When it comes to grip, the saying, “you don’t know what you’re missing” is probably the operable phrase. I certainly didn’t know what I was missing. Before I tried a molded grip, the grip fit of a stock was well down on my list of important stock geometry. Now, it is #2 behind cheek weld. I am excited to see that stock makers are finally coming out with some models that fit an average hand better, have replaceable grips, or have adjustable grips. This is a real win for shooters. What I like best, though, are stocks like the new MDT XRS that have a place for me to easily mold on my own. I don’t think I can ever go back.

I'm going to use thermoplastic beads build up a grip on a tikka vertical grip insert to see if I can't improve my own rifles this way. The 2 rifles i own that i'm acutally satisfied with the grip on are my seekins havak and my 20+lb PRS style gamer gun in a MPA chassis. I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of them get an ugly molded grip tacked onto them.

I will be honest......working at Scheels has been better than I could have expected.
After you posted this, I messaged a guy I know at scheels about how long it would take to order a 6.5 prc in mountain shadow, thinking it would be like 4-6 months. They had one in stock. So naturally I couldn’t help myself and bought it. Lol. So basically…this is your fault. 😂

After you posted this, I messaged a guy I know at scheels about how long it would take to order a 6.5 prc in mountain shadow, thinking it would be like 4-6 months. They had one in stock. So naturally I couldn’t help myself and bought it. Lol. So basically…this is your fault. 😂
Mea Culpa

Welp, yesterday I ordered what will probably be the sexiest rifle I may ever own. Sometime in the next several months I will have a Seekins Precision PH2 Desert Shadow with an ATC brake in everyone's favorite.....6.5 CM. I have 3 30 cal platforms as it is so the lil need-more will be my deer and down gun. I have shot most to the available bolt guns on the market (of course excepting customs) and love the Seekins guns (as well as them as a company). I have shot their entire line and don't beleive I have ever had a group above about .6 moa. Add to that the Seekins rewards program (as salesmen we get credit for each sale) making this cost a total of ZERO dollars and it was a no brainer. Selling things you believe in is pretty enjoyable. Here is a pic of what she will look like....

View attachment 246521
Excuse me while I roll my tongue back up in my mouth. Sweet looking rifle!

This also makes me want to make a career switch being that can be afforded the benefits of acquiring rifles for deep discounts or even for no cost. This sir is also your fault lol

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back