Opening day surprise

Howie

A cold n windy PA. Rifle deer opener. Shivering and stiff I finally hear a "crunch" in the leaves behind my tree. Thinking it has to be a deer to hear it over the roaring wind. S l o w l y. I turn my head and am warmed and surprised to see a huge, pure white squirrel ... pink eyes n all.

I managed to get a video on my phone but apparently it's too large to attach here.
Anyhow, it was my first albino grey squirrel sighting and I feel favored to get to see it.

You ain't kidding about the wind. You literally had to keep scanning because trying to listen was useless.
I’m hunting in Pike county and it was windy and cold, but worth it, 2 of us tagged out, I got a decent 8 & my friend got a really nice 9. Good luck to you all hunting PA .

I’m hunting in Pike county and it was windy and cold, but worth it, 2 of us tagged out, I got a decent 8 & my friend got a really nice 9. Good luck to you all hunting PA .
Yeah I filled my tag as well. Funny thing was 4 hrs after legal shooting light I finally had 4 does swing by and bed down 80yds out. About 10 minutes later an pointer stood up about 15yds to their right. He must have been there since before legal light. When I shot a whole group of does that were with him jumped up and ran.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back