Caribou Gear

Opening day success

It is surprising how many bucks I saw Sat. morning!! I had 11 legal bucks all within bow range. I shot this 3x4. He was the second widest but the tallest. I wanted the wider one but I never had a decent shot at him.

Attachments

• 8-16-07 0351.JPG
    8-16-07 0351.JPG
    927.6 KB · Views: 619
Nice! Congrats on the bow buck...looks like the apple tree was berry berry good to you ;) I passed on forkys this weekend (even though I had told myself the first tag was gonna be a gimmie) as I saw the 3x3 that had tripped my trail cam at 70 yards right off the bat. He took the side trail and never came through. Buddy got a decent 3x3 (we weren't hunting together).

Thanks for the update, Marv. Isn't it typical of the nice 3X3 blacktail you really want to bypass the entire target area? Like he's the one writing the script, and not you... Blacktails, gotta love 'em.
I've also noticed a lot of bucks all over the place this year. Must have something to do with all the rain we had in 05-06 and how little we had last winter. The animals are up and moving for better browse and water more often.
Great buck, Smithstation Ranch.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fingelfinger
Back