Oops! I did it again ;)

Elkwhisper

Well after getting lucky enough to fill my Montana archery antelope tag early last week, I headed south for a WY hunt with some great friends / customers / co-workers. We had a great hunt and saw HUNDREDS of antelope bucks. The strange thing was that doe numbers were way down. THere was quite literealy between 7-10 bucks for every doe. The poor does were being run into complete exhaustion and I am sure some of them were flat out run to death. We repeatedly watche 3 to 7 bucks chasing single does, when one of the bucks would get tired and peel off the group another would come running down the hill and pick up the chase.

We took some great bucks while we were down there. Of the 11 hunters in camp, 3 of us wanted to try with a bow, but as it turned out I was the only one to get it done with the stick and string. I was actually the first one to tag out, so I had the opportunity to get in on 3 more harvests and act as the camera guy.

Great week, great friends and another nice archery goat for the wall.

Attachments

• Dan WY Antelope-SIZED.jpg
    Dan WY Antelope-SIZED.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 643
That's going to look good on the wall, gorgeous animal. Congrats! I sure hope you guys leave a few stragglers for us poor farmers to chase when harvest is done, next week can't come soon enough.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back