OnX help needed- locating lost phone

T Bone

Just got back home from hunting....

I lost my phone this morning while logged into OnX....should be good on battery for another 12 hours or so.

Does anyone know if I can locate the phone via OnX while logged in from another device?

I submitted an email to OnX as well and am waiting for an answer...

Just got back home from hunting....

I lost my phone this morning while logged into OnX....should be good on battery for another 12 hours or so.

Does anyone know if I can locate the phone via OnX while logged in from another device?

I submitted an email to OnX as well and am waiting for an answer...
Did you have a track I progress?

with it in airplane mode I don't think you would be able to save to the app but try going to your content on the website and checking your tracks, if you did and it saved it would be on it.

If you have a Gmail account that is registered on the device and you had the location setting on like you would for GPS you can see it on Google maps through your Gmail account, don't remember how for sure, I think you can type find my device in the search bar in Gmail.

Call them. Or call carrier. My son dropped my phone in Arizona with onx running. Unfortunately Thurs afternoon is meeting time for organization and away from phones. Used Find my phone got Verizon to turn on a noise. He kind of knew where dropped it and had my dad's phone to call my wonderful wife who was dealing with 3 kids a job and all my farm stuff who is also my tech department call Verizon. Used crappy map they had and used dad's phone to log on to onx and match the two. Got close and he recognized a few things and then had wife turn sound on and we were 15 yards from it. Loop to east was before had my dad's phone with my onx and came in from other road. Once got it up I could match way better.
Screenshot_20210915-130532_onX Hunt.jpg

Last edited:
Any luck?

I've phoned them (OnX) @ their Missoula Office and they were super helpful with my issue.

If there is a way, they'll assist you.

Pretty cool regarding a few suggestions.

Side thought, I have a lost/stolen app that snaps pics to hopefully get a pic of the person in possession of my phone. Not sure if you have anything of the sort though may give you an idea of its location by snapping a pic.

Not sure if it's Bitdefender or other app...

Phone recovered during 3rd rifle season!

After a long recharge, everything works!
Holy crap, that’s awesome. Did you just retrace your tracks and stumble across it or were you able to get assistance from onx?

Phone recovered during 3rd rifle season!

After a long recharge, everything works!

WTH?? Never thought I’d be hearing that one Tyson! Now you have to decide to use the new one or the “experienced” one! At least you got all your old data back👍🏻

I lost a phone in the river back in July and a few weeks ago I was checking cameras and walking thru a dried up flood channel and stepped on my phone. A day in Rice and a day charging and it works. No case or nothing was on it. Couldn't believe it. Glad u found it and got your data back to.

Holy crap, that’s awesome. Did you just retrace your tracks and stumble across it or were you able to get assistance from onx?
Two other hunters had found it in the snow and frozen mud.

I happened to cross paths with them and they were kind enough to ask If I'd lost it.

The phone finding was better than the elk hunting.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back