Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Only Two Months

Bill......I know it ain't fair.....but I bet I will be hunting Moose in Wyo before you will. Even with 7 points your odds are tough! I won't even put in for the tag until next year, but my 3 points will draw!
But then, I'll be paying through the nose for the tag......but can you put a price tag in hunting Shira Moose in the lower 48?.....Wyoming thinks ya can!
biggrin.gif

If you don't draw yer tag this year or next.....at least you can have a taste of moose meat.......I'll swing by your place on the way out and drop you off a load
wink.gif

LOL
biggrin.gif

I have two areas that I put in for that are real close. If I get drawn fine, and if not, I guess it just was not meant to be.
wink.gif
If you get one, I would gladly help you out and take some though.
drool.gif

I hear non res will be jacked to either $1200 or $1500 next year.....I wish it would go to $2000!......the higher it gets for non res the easier it will be to draw.

I know residents that have put in for 10-15 years before getting a tag. Once you max out on 7 points, you just get an extra chance...makes it tough. Hopefully you will get it though, you have enough points to at least be in the hunt for a tag.

DS, this is year 11 that I have put in. I know my turn will come sooner or later.
wink.gif
What sucks is that 25% of the available tags are for first time applicants, or at least it was as of last year.
frown.gif

Bill...I may be wrong, but I believe the way that works is......25% of the tags are eligible for all applicants in respective res and non-res pools....meaning, you have a shot at all the tags for your unit because you have the max points.....but even first timers have a shot at 25%. That is the way I understood it to be. Still sucks for you that after waiting 11 years, you may be put out by a first time applicant. Hey,.....let's just think positive. You'll draw
wink.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-03-2003 11:08: Message edited by: Deerslayer ]</font>

Hey, I'm rooting for you to draw a tag Bill..
If I'm not to much into fire season, I would love to come down and help haul it out of the toolies....
It would be great if I could draw my own this year also...
I have a great place in the Big Hole that the rancher said I could come over and get one, he has them all over the place!!!
biggrin.gif

Well with the recent report of the decline in moose and sheep, my odds are not getting any better for drawing. Well if I don't draw this year, there is always next year and I have different areas already picked out.
shhh.gif

Back