Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

onieda bows!!

DKO

anybody shoot one????? ive heard nothing but praise for them and was wondering if anybody has any personal experience with them!

they have some great features!
easy to tune, no need for a bow press
biggrin.gif
,smooth draw,quiet,fast and its the closest to a recurve as you can get in a compound!

any thoughts!

------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

DKO- I don't have one, and haven't shot one but have heard a little about them. Those that have talked about them said they are not a good beginner bow because their are not any bow shops in my area that carry them and could work on them (unique cable system, and need a different bow press). Then they continued to say that if you got to the point where you do your own bow work you may want to concider a better bow anyhow. I'm not sure about their overall length, AMO, and IBO speeds, and accesories available, but I personaly plan on staying away from those bows. Besides, who would want the closest thing to a recurve when they could have a recurve for the same price?
smile.gif

------------------
~DAN~

hntr_trap.gif

I know 3 people who own them,and all 3 had to send bows back to have limbs replaced due to hairline cracks.

------------------
Hunt hard and prosper.

I tried one out back in 1986,biggest problem I noticed was how loud it was.Back then a few club members owned them and seemed to like them.I settled on a different bow a High Country bow and still shoot it today.Anyway thats about all I can contribute to your question.

I'm the only one in our area that will work on those things, they should include a helmet with every bow purchase. The only thing I would use one for would to use it for a fishing bow. To many moving parts, and nobody carries spare parts for them. If you do get one, make sure you buy an extra set of power cables for it. And a helmet.

LT

Funny thing you should say that LT.
I always joked that a life insurance policy should be included free with the purchase of an Oneida bow.

------------------
Hunt hard and prosper.

DKO,

If you ever get a chance to look at an old owners manuel, read it, its the only bow that you need a hammer to tune it. This is a true story, the limbs would come out of kilter and you had to hammer them back.

The reason i asked and wanted some input was because i saw an article puming them-up and then heard two traditional archers talking about how much like traditional equip. they are!!!

my bro-in-law had one years ago and i was deathly affraid of that thing!! it was noisy and seemed sloppy

after reading the article and hearing these guys i was thinking they might have changed, i heard they sold out or merged with someone recently so i wasnt sure,thought i might have missed something along the way?!?!?.

LT, my bro-in-law about took his eye out with his, thats the day he got rid of it!
i never knew about the "hammer" that kinda says it all, doesnt it !

thanks for the comments guys , im a high country shooter and i think i will stick with them!!! unless you guys know something i dont about them?????

------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

Ahhh Good Old LT to Say it how it is
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I was at his shop earlier and He pointed me over here.. I have to laugh at the HAmmer deal.... Heck, Thats how I fix Computers!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> AKA Moose Hunter
<LI> www.huntandlodge.com

moose.gif

[/list]

DKO, I have a lite-force and also a strike-eagle. I only use them for bowfishing, and don't think I would want one to hunt with. Both have 50% modules, so they shoot more like a recurve. On the strike-eagle, the outboard limbs have been replaced and also a set of cables, but as bad as these bows are treated I can't hold that against them.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back