Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

One good goat, one sweeet goat.

mtmiller

Alright, I am kicking myself for not getting an archery tag this year. Here are two good ones. Has anyone heard of antelope referred to as a "Freak". ;)

You will understand. :D

P1010005.sized.jpg

P1010010.sized.jpg

P1010014.sized.jpg

Now for the "freak".
P1000920.sized.jpg

P1000914.sized.jpg

P1000922.sized.jpg

Mt miller
aswum pics as usual.

We have a lope in unit nine that looks almost like the freak you have pictured, except the horn ggrows right along the mouth.
we are going to look for that one this year.

Delw

THE FREAK IS MINE!!! :D :D
I like both!! were these in a huntable area? how close did you get to the both of them?

When do I need to be there for opening season? Will be temporarily batch'n it, so I have an unconditional kitchen pass for the next several months.

Great pics mtmiller.

The freak is nice, but I love the big ol' roman-nosed buck........

Dumb Question MTM, you mean archery tags aren't available over the counter for you residents ?? It sure is a shame if they're not......

It would be nice to see your next antelope pic as one where you're kneeled behind it holding his horns !!
wink.gif

At least on the freak one you have a chance to stalk up on his left side. LOL Both awesome pics MT. Did a guys house and he had one where the horns grew straight out off the head. Was kinda a wierd mount. Cant wait till the 15th with all your pics of goats.

I like both!! were these in a huntable area? how close did you get to the both of them?
Both were on private land. I am not sure about access to the "Freak". I am trying to find out who owns it right now. I was about 100 yards from both of the bucks. The typical was from the vehicle and the other I just walked 100 yards or less.

Dumb Question MTM, you mean archery tags aren't available over the counter for you residents ??
The archery tags were over the counter until June 1 if I remember correctly. After that, you could apply through a drawing, which is unlimited. Traditionally, the season starts in September, and I am too busy hunting other things, so I just sent in for a rifle tag which may be a tough draw. This season they changed the archery start date to Aug 15 and I was not aware of this until after I sent in for my rifle tag. My bad, next year I will have the right tag.

Also, if I draw my rifle tag I thought I could chase goats with a bow during bow season. One FWP warden said "no" and another said "yes". :rolleyes:

I guess I need to find out for sure, but it will be mute if I don't draw anyway. :mad:

That's a sweet arse goat! Heck a lot of character.

We should con ol' DK into posting a pic of his freak for us. If you havn't seen that thing, you should.

Jman, you out there???

Nice pics MT, I really like the freak buck!

Here's the one OSOK mentioned. I can honestly say I've taken a prairie carp with a 19 inch horn with a muzz

Curleyhead.jpg

Curleymuzz.jpg

mtmiller:

Several years ago, I saw a freak sort of like that, here in Colorado. He had one horn growing out of the side of his head but it wasn't curved down like the one in your picture. Sure looks strange.

KC

Back