Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Once in a lifetime? caribou hunt

Thanks for the peep insight. Just put it on yesterday and not sure how I like it.

Shooting 100gr of Blackhorn and 460gr No Excuses.

When I shoot that load combo in my muzzy the target looks like it was shot at with a 12 gauge and buck shot. Horrible results. Fickle things.

When I shoot that load combo in my muzzy the target looks like it was shot at with a 12 gauge and buck shot. Horrible results. Fickle things.

It shoots, so, so in my rifle, about 4-6" groups at 100 yards with a peep. 777 shoots way better, but I couldn't remember what charge 80, 90 or 100? I shoot, so I took the BH, and knew it was sighted in. I'm thinking scope and 777 will be in my future though.

BTW Black Horn is mildly corrosive... it will rust a SS barrel in wet conditions. Not like 777 or others, but it certainly isn't inert like smokeless.

Good looking animal....and you are right, what some guys have in their backyard and can hunt often some people look at as being a dream animal or a once in a lifetime type deal. Its all in perspective and you certainly have access to some great species, although no doubt a lot of research and planning contributes to ongoing hunt success.

It shoots, so, so in my rifle, about 4-6" groups at 100 yards with a peep. 777 shoots way better, but I couldn't remember what charge 80, 90 or 100? I shoot, so I took the BH, and knew it was sighted in. I'm thinking scope and 777 will be in my future though.

BTW Black Horn is mildly corrosive... it will rust a SS barrel in wet conditions. Not like 777 or others, but it certainly isn't inert like smokeless.

I don't want to side track your thread but good muzzy info is so hard to find. It gets even tougher here with Colorado rules as you know.

Did you electrical tape your barrel like a high power in that rain? AK rain has to be a PITA with a muzzy.

I've heard that Blackhorn is better in wet conditions, it is certainly way cleaner in the barrel. I've run a patch after 777 and BH the 777 is rougher and dirty. But it just does not shoot in my gun.

1st target pink circles are 100gr BlackHorn and PowerBelts. Blue circles are Black Horn and No Excuses.

2nd target is PowerBelts and 100gr of 777. Then you read all over about PB being junk. So stressful;)

The patched holes are Hornadys FPB(?) they don't shoot worth a durn for me.
Both 100 yard targets. No peep.

Attachments

• IMG_20130826_191006.jpg
    IMG_20130826_191006.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_20130826_184645.jpg
    IMG_20130826_184645.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 230
Very nice bull! You need to pinch yourself to remind yourself how lucky you are to be going on those hunts all the time. Most only get to dream of it. Keep hunting hard while you can! Again congrats!

What kind of muzz? My Knight shoots better than that with BH and shoots 777 about like the PBs. I found my load data. 80 gr 777 w/ NE and 777 primer.

What kind of muzz? My Knight shoots better than that with BH and shoots 777 about like the PBs. I found my load data. 80 gr 777 w/ NE and 777 primer.

TC Omega. I might as well throw a Maxihunter than shoot it out of that thing.

TC Omega. I might as well throw a Maxihunter than shoot it out of that thing.

My condolences on the rifle... Cut the first inch off your barrel, and she'll probably shot better... or just stick with the heaviest PB you can get and don't worry about it. They make a 440 and a 400gr I believe.

I shot a pile of deer with the PBs but only used the 295gr, and almost always found them under the hide or in the chest cavity while dressing.

I'm guessing you are talking about that inch or so with out rifling that helps seat the bullet?

Only TC's have this?

It's borrowed so I can't complain to loudly. I really wanted the CVA Accura Mountain Rifle. Maybe next time around.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back